Les - Sage Audio - New Revelations

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
can you confirm they are To247 package?
Hi Andrew, no, they're not TO-247 packages. The ones in my photo exactly match the Toshiba TO-3P package, right down to the three little manufacturing "dots".

See here:
TOSHIBA Packaging Info

Hitachi TO-3P packages look to be an exact match (visually) too:
HITACHI Example (example of package, not exact device).

Other TO-3P packages don't look quite the same (trawling through lots of google images).

Last edited:
I briefly looked at one of the schematics. But as I came to realise, there are at least 4versions of the mos series and to date no one has agreed if any are accurately portrayed in this Thread.
There is no point in commenting until we have some facts, not conjecture.

Just come across this thread;

Still have a pair of Supermos 2 500watt modules as part of a dual mono power amp that I put together around 1990. Still use them occasionally and still working perfectly despite all the horror stories. Was always pretty impressed by the sound. Just finished a pair of Hypex Ncores - amazing difference another 20 years of amp development makes.

Sage brochure

I have a Sage Audio electronics brochure and a Sage Audio user manual that I have had for many years. Would anyone be interested in them? They have got to be worth something so I am open to offers!
:)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    232.4 KB · Views: 289
Sage DC protection

Thought i'ld post it here too, as i know a number of people have asked about it before.

I can Exclusively reveal for the 1st time, that Les Sage of Sage Audio, both told me & showed me, what was in the little potted black boxes of his for DC protection. It was a fast acting Polyswitch !

Some years later, one of Maplins magazines ampifier designs also included a Polyswitch for the same reason.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-state/205452-new-type-dc-protection.html

Please post Any/All responses etc in here.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.