Jung Super Regulator

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Is it possible to turn a negative Jung Super regulator board (such as the one offered by audio express) into a positive board. I thought I read somewhere that it can be done.

Also...I notice that when drawing .5 amps through the regulator, it does not start up with out first disconnecting the regulator from the load then reconnecting to the load. After that, it works fine...nice and quiet...

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
audionut said:
Thanks for your response...

The voltage difference is 16 volts going to 8.9 volts. The Zener is the prescribed Zener in the AOS shematic...I think the IN5235b....

Jan...is there a way to turn a negative board into a positive board??

So your opamp runs on 8.9V supply? Is that OK, what opamp type are you using? A 4.7V zener or thereabouts should auto-start it, biasing the opamp output about mid supply. Have you tried that?

I really don't know whether the neg board can be turned into a pos reg. Since I designed two boards, I guess not - I would have spotted that opportunity to save money for sure. The articles are in my cellar somewhere so I have no immediate access to them. Can't you get a pos board?
At any rate, if you use an isolated secondary and floating rectifier you have a floating supply and you can connect it up anyway you want.

jd

I use the two positive regulators in Doede Duama's DDDAC Mark II Dac. The TDA 1543 DAC chips can operate at up to 9 volts, hence the 8.9v setting. One Reg for the 1543 chips, the other reg to supply the rest of the circuits.

Your regulator on the 1543 chips improve the DAC over a battery supply...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.