wiring up t03 mj15025/24

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi all
im about to start building an amp using the above devices and need a little help identifying the pins

how do i do this ? they have 2 connections and the third is the case
i have the shcematic but the pins on these devices are not marked and i need to know how to wire them

sorry if this question sounds dumb but ive never used the to3 types before

any help would be very much appreciated
regards sheafer

http://www.101science.com/transistor.htm#INTRODUCTION

Section 2 Typical transistor circuit.
The arrowed leg is always the emitter (e), even when the arrow points in towards the junction (PNP BJT).
The plain leg at an angle is always the collector (c).
The plain leg on the other side of the bar is always the base (b)

Go and find the Pass web site and read about BJT transistors and how to check what they are and how to measure the basic parameters and identify the legs/pins.
Compare FETs to BJTs and even valves/tubes to the transistor, Pass shows how they all behave similarly.

Hi,
a Zener is a diode.
It is shown as an arrow and a bar in schematics. The arrow shows the direction of current flow.
That bar is also the bar marked on the component.
Fit the bar to the more negative and the diode will pass current from +ve to -ve with a Vf~700mV
Turn the bar towards +ve and the diode blocks current flow, until it reaches it's Zener breakdown voltage.
Now, it operates as a Zener.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.