Toshiba 2SA1095/2SC2565 replacement

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
My old Electrocompaniet AW250DMB blew up:dead:

They warned me at EC the last time; they didn`t have any more of those old transistors left so the next time they blew up I`ll have to replace them all. (24)

Well, now it just happened, I saw the smoke from the left board on the right side amp. Picked it out to identify the transistors and see if I could find those old Toshibas somewhere, and it looks like I did. Activeparts claims to have them both.
But even if they have Toshiba written on them they don`t look like the ones in my amp, these are black while the existing(?) are green.

Anyone who know a bit about this? Any reason why I should not use these replacements?

Disabled Account
Joined 2006
They are most probably fakes or cheap chinese remakes, you would be much better off replacing with other more modern transistors even from different manufacturers.

First find the reason why they are blowing in the first place. If its because of power handling get transistors that can withstand higher currents.

PaleRider, the mounting holes are spaced at 24.4mm for both transistors, so thats good.
The 2SA1216 is indeed 5mm taller, but from the mounting hole to the bottom of the package thats only 2.5mm more, so you might not have a problem.
The pins are identically spaced at 5.45mm.
Try it and see.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.