Improving older test equipment-the sequel

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I must confess to harbouring a bag of mixed reactions to the original thread. While it is a more or less common knowledge that it is possible, and even in some occasions, easy, to improve a lot of hifi equipment, the same can NOT be said about test equipment, at least not if you look at products from brand names such as HP/Agilent, Tek, Fluke,LeCroy. These guys knows what they are doing, and they do it the hard and proper way. It IS, of course possible, but that would require a clever mind, and one would need to have the best in instrumentation accessible, a demand that somehow negates the need to "improve" anything.
On numerous occaations I sat and read the different Q and A, having no understanding whatsoever with people whining about having to fork out several hundred dollars for some TE. To me, that is in inseparable part of the game. If you want to make good audio, you need to acertain what is happening inside that particular circuit.
As I mulled about these predicaments, it suddenly dawned upon me that I might possibly be instrumental in rectifying the situation.
I had an already sizeable amount of "surplus" electronic equipment, and I went out and bought much more stuff, with the intention of making it available to members of the diy community. On the outset, I think it would be best suited for those in close proximity, say Scandinavia, but none will be excluded. It must be noted. however, that I will not give items away, and in some instances you may even find it cheaper on Ebay, but what you will get, are, mostly US Prime, as heralded by George Hansen / Jack Nicholson in Easy Rider, well maintained, and high value for money.
I have digital and analog scopes by Agilent/HP, Tek and LeCroy. Analyzers by Agilent/HP and Advantest. Voltmeters by R&S and Fluke. Impedance analyzers by Agilent/HP. Curve tracers by Tek. Function generators by Agilent/HP and ThurlbyThandar. A plethora of probes by Agilent/HP, Tek and LeCroy. Also some Weller and Pace stuff.
Interested parties can get a complete list from me, but please, I do not want that list on the forum. It is for your eyes only.
I can be reached at roamalmi(at)online.no, or by phone or SMs.

I remain yours truly
Roar

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.