ax-700u

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2003
Paid Member
John, it's probably worth fixing but I can't help with a manual.
Perhaps explaining what the fault is might trigger others to help you out.
I remember some Yamaha series having problems with the motorized volume control and/or input selector but I think this model isn't equipped with them.

/Hugo

Almost the same were you to buy it and ship it over, less shipping and that its your ten bucks that is.

The specs on these amps are respectable. I'm uncertain as to the topology within however it seems ordinary with a few hindering features. In its stock form it's found littered with nice audio grade electrolytic caps.

There seems to be some hum on it with a lack of amplification. DC offset checks out alright but I suspect a slight problem in the input or tone control/balance stage, many of which seem to have lost function.

It could be an issue with any one of the controls or pots but I suspect its at a more fundamental level than that to render most of those controls inoperable.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.