Help! Krell KAV-300i voltage conversion, jumpers version

Hello fellow DIYers,
I have read through and experienced the dreadful costs associated with converting the voltage of Krell equipments. While I have read the other threads converting via flipping switches, my vintage KAV 300i is using jumpers on the power pcb board. Anybody can help me with this? the primaries to the toroids are coloured Blk-Blu-Org and White-Yellow-Red. Toroid is by Tortran. I had tried to get the toroidal trans from Tortran but to no reply.
Krell was willing only to tell the flipping switch method, but mine was not of that version. Then they are gone! No more replies at all.
Glad to have found this forum!
Cheers!

I have figured it out. Dismantled the toroidal and found that Black-Green-orange corresponds to 0-100-120V, and Red-Yellow-White to be 0-100V-120V respectively. I could not dismantle the power PCB to look at the circuit underneath the jumpers......however a little trick does it....I used a small torch light to shine under the PCB and track the lines underneath the PCB. So here it is:
Krell KAV-300i jumpers version
Originally 120V: jumpers 12 to Jumper 3, J10 to J5 , J9 to J6 (total of 3 jumpers)

240V operation: J12 to J3 , J5 to J6 (total of 2 jumpers).
220V operation: J12 to J3 , J5 to J7 (total of 2 jumpers).

This should take care of all voltage conversion issues.......cheers!

Reactions: 1 user
hi
I have a krell kav 300i as well... (and i love it)
I have never done any DIY on audio but now I need it to run on 110V and krell are asking for 500$...

do you have a link to a detailed explanation of what i need to do in order to do this myself ? or a link to a shop in California that could help me ?

thanks in advance ..

itai

I used another of Krell 300i, it 's not the jumper version (please see attachment)

Does anyone know how to convert it to 220-240 volt?
thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0313.jpg
    IMG_0313.jpg
    229 KB · Views: 263