|Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.|
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.
Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|24th July 2009, 03:01 PM||#1|
Join Date: Jul 2009
cambridge audio a3i contribution
Hello, (Excuse my english because I'm fench)
I'm an happy possessor of an excellent cambridge audio A3i since 1999.
I repair it sometimes and would share my experience (to Alex and all).
April 2001 :
- temperature drift problems -> change green leds and Q8/Q10 and R16/R18 with 3,3k 1/2 W (done by my dealer in France Patrick Chochoy from Michael Creek) and bias 18 mV between
Emiters of Q13/Q14 (recommandations)
- Error manipulation -> Short Circuit --> change 4A Fuse and Q11, Q12, Q9
May 2005 :
- Fuses 4A broken --> change fuses and bias
July 2005 :
- No sound on left channel -> clean contact relay and repair board circuit
February 2006 :
- after a while LED 1 extinguished and Q13 heats and fuse 4A brokes --> LED 1 HS -> change the four leds (identicals : VF = 2,10V @ 12,5mA)
October 2006 :
- LED1 weak -> Q10 HS ( Beta = 40) -> change Q101 (Beta = 126)
December 2006 :
- Q8 HS --> change (BC640)
- little dissipator on Q8/Q10 to prevent overheating problems
Today (July 2009) :
I think had a little fan in the amp
how really adjust the bias (amp open ? amp closed ? how many time,...) ?
may i have the schematic ?
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Cambridge Audio CD2||Sarion||Digital Source||33||19th May 2013 08:22 AM|
|Cambridge Audio DAC-3||niiico||Digital Source||9||14th January 2013 08:37 PM|
|Cambridge Audio 640C No audio output PLEASE HELP!||Kajman||Digital Source||3||10th December 2007 10:45 AM|
|cambridge audio cd 4se||whats gan on||Digital Source||46||3rd April 2007 11:13 AM|
|Cambridge audio A3 i||homertooties||Solid State||3||20th November 2005 04:52 PM|
|New To Site?||Need Help?|