Battery Powered Microphone Preamp - Unusual Application - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 21st July 2009, 12:19 AM   #1
mrevie is offline mrevie  Australia
diyAudio Member

Default Battery Powered Microphone Preamp - Unusual Application

Hi all,

A friend of mine is constructing a wireless electronic stethoscope. The plan is to use a microphone capsule within a short length of sealed tube leading to the stethoscope diaphragm and then transmit the sound via bluetooth to a set of wireless headphones. So far, everything is working perfectly, but the sound is much to quiet.

As is he has be microphone plugged directly into a headphone amp which then sends to a bluetooth transmitter and on to the headphones - I believe the issue to be the lack of a microphone preamp.

Does anyone have any suggestions for the purchase or construction of a compact, battery powered microphone preamp?
Old 21st July 2009, 01:37 AM   #2
mrevie is offline mrevie  Australia
diyAudio Member

Ah, I should have done a bit more searching before I posted. Rod Eliott is my saviour for the nth time. He has at least two projects with PCBs that would fit the requirements.

Hide this!Advertise here!