Isy Project

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi
my last project is a double stage
classical tension and current gain

but using with the same devices
to compense different gain of PNP and NPN
inside single rail

Attachments

• isy.gif
    isy.gif
    97.6 KB · Views: 592
Good work Stee..send to uncle charlie the values

the complete schematic....nice amplifier.

Yes..i can calculate..but why to do that if you already made for me?

Clever, as you always used to be..automatic bias set by diodes forward voltage drop...NTC thermal compensation is great too...the input differential having more current than normal, using BD139/140 is another excelent idea..gain is 200 and ft is very high...more than 100 Megahertz.... the audio quality (high end) will depend the two lag compensation diodes.

You use to send shame on us.... we use to go doing the same old song..and you come with different circuits.....old of course, but different.... you are creative...and this bothers the ones are not...soon you gonna have a couple of idiots bothering you.

Listen Stee amplifier eating Dx Pizza!... the only pizza is guaranteed!

panzertoo@yahoo.com

Carlos

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

this wonderful idea

thanks uncle charlie !
you're always very kind

unfortunately are not able to use the simulator
then I have not calculated the values of resistors ...

I only designed the layout of components on the radiator

can you help me?
I offer "four seasons" pizza original from Naples

(remeber the important feature is using the same family in each stage):cool:

read more about this new concept of "natural gain compensation" on:
http://www.esafono.it/START.htm

BD139/140 are better then 2SB631/2SD600?

Attachments

• isy3.gif
    isy3.gif
    33.1 KB · Views: 347
Yessss... when we multiply the gain, drivers gain multiplied by output gain

then we have a value...and this value is the same into the positive rail compared to the negative rail.

Not doing this way..what happens?

The PNP is usually higher gain compared to the NPN counterpart...so....you gonna have 8100 or gain into the negative rail...and 2025 of gain into the positive rail...this will produce assymetrical wave.... some folks loves that, they say this produces distortion alike electron tubes.... well....i do not think so...

This is the reason why i loved that amplifier!

Thank you Stefano!

And to the ones does not know...Italian people do not only knows hot to make love..and how to make pizza..they know a lot of other things, as amplifiers and several discoveries made into the ancient Italy (Da Vinci)...so... respect those "fratelli", as inside the skull, usually has a very good brain..so good as ours, and sometimes better.

Carlos

I promiss you secret about that...if you want to keep that non published

then send me the schematic with parts written above the papper.

Also if you have boards..send me just one..inside an envelope..nothing more than a single board (customs are awfull here).... i said..ONE board only..this increases the chances to reach my place in 10 days.... if you filled the package with parts and two boards will be blocked into customs..they will ask me to pay..i will say no!.. then they will keep there for year or two and them will send me 2 years latter..those son of a .....big bureaucracy!

And write into the envelope.

Carissimo Fratello Carlo.... ahahahahah!

Rua Dona Balbina Menelau 56 - 1601

Candeias - Jaboatão dos Guararapes

Pernambuco - Brasil

South America

54440-615

Your boards will not be copied, will not be sold, will not be shown, will not be photographed in details, pictures made will not have resolution to allow bad guys to copy (clone) and will not tell the values.... also will publish in this forum something about (real truth...if bad i gonna smash your amplifier..but i do not believe in such kind of things watching the schematic..i can even perceive the sound watching it...old guy..thousands made!)

If you do not send me schematic with parts values printed..then i will calculate by myself..and will make my own decisions about..this may result in different amplifier than yours.... and i will talk about "another" amplifier, as some hard modifications i may do may turn it a little bit different ,...but will not lost the sonic character at all because sound depends on topologie in first place..topologie in second place, topologie in third place, currents in fourth place and parts in fifth place

arrivederci

Carlos

I will simulate...despite this says nothing about quality..just nice numbers

But... shows when something is really wrong..not your case, for sure.

I see you have no secret....then i am able to study..thank you very much.

Board by mail will be interesting.... health does not help me to be sitted long time producing boards anymore.

regards,

Carlos

.......................................................................................................

I could see teenagers in our forum behaving without respect to Stee... the name is small...but he is a big man.... wise man..with papers published into the internet.... respect is good fellows... this happened other thread...i am happy he forgive those things and returned for us.

Il cane abbaia, come ad abbaiare quando la macchina munita di un uomo importante seguire il tuo percorso

Dogs barks when the carriage passes transporting the important man.

Attachments

• stefano.pdf
    97.6 KB · Views: 121
Next time you have a nice baked steak...

Remember Italy, in special Milan...as this food was first used in Milan.... Milanese Steak.... bife à Milanesa.

The one has cheese and tomato souce is from Parma... parmeggianni.

So.... there a culture exists.... the ancient Rome.

Watch that and respect the guy!

regards,

Carlos
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

The input stage is biased directly via resistors from same supply as OUTPUT Power stage.
Means PSRR, power supply rejection, is a bit lower.
So, first thing I should do, is add resistors in supply lines
between second stage and output.
Same as in AKSA 50 amplifier by Hugh Dean.

The values for resistors is not difficult to calculate.

1. Decide what transformer to use. Then you have approximate +VDC and -VDC supply.
2. Decide how much current for each stage.
3. Do the math U = R x I. Gives R(ohm) = Volt/I(ampere)

I suggest to make Prototype I with lower voltage.
Maybe use trafo 2 x 12 VAC .. to get like 2 x 16-17 VDC supply.
Also my suggest is to use only one MJL21193 and one MJL21194, for first try.
Wait with adding Q7 + Q8 booster, for next version, with some higher Voltage/Power Output.

/lineup

I see dear Lineup.... the big trouble i see about simulator or calculators, or around

the clock forum inspectors, consultants and so on...is that they think people knows nothing and goes calculating things and explaining how circuit works.

It is fair...and nice...as we have a lot of young folks learning..this is good..but sometimes, those guys, so addicted they are to always goes calculating and explaining things, they sometimes say obvious things to the more old folks.

You see...alike you Lineup..in Lisbelle lake...since very young..we used to learn how circuit works.... the "Big bad wolf tale" was our first step analising circuits.... was the big bad wolf track..his way to go to the grandmothers house.... from here to there...see in the picture..i am showing the wolf circuit to mum and to my brothers....

I am saying (how the circuit works...circuit analisis)

- "wolf starts here..and headed to grandmum house he crossed that bridge there...you see?"

ahahahahahah!

Carlos

You can build one from my big list of good amplifiers Lineup...sorry...all of them will smash your amplifiers... some of them are big class A monsters..heaters to your winter......but....i had a teacher very special..was Hugh..what do you spect about?

Others have used this output style... a Canadien brand uses

and i think this is a very good idea.... combining PNP and NPN into the same rail we gonna have 3600 of gain.

The NPN power transistor gain is around 40
The PNP power transistor gain is around 90

this way.... both rails....both amplifier half waves, will result the same...good that!

regards,

Carlos

You are invited to have a pizza with uncle charlie... with my Italian Grandmother blessing, this one is Italian style...now at the oven.
...take you chair and we gonna share this one....keep the invitation to the near future if cannot arrive here soon.

I gave it a fast try... observing only current ballance and VBEs

Was not even calculated..i have just try to ballance.... my circuit was hard to reduce off set...too much sensitive to off set, also the distortion was near 2% THD above 80 watts RMS.

Well..it is not the correct circuit..i have not even calculated...i have just installed some normal, common values of resistances.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• i tried.. a fast try.jpg
    i tried.. a fast try.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 235
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.