Krell KBL & KPA

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a KBL back on my bench. It seems the 15030 and 15031 keep failing. Does anyone have an idea about the selector switch in the power supply? S1 = 2 S2 + 1 and S3 = 1 Is this correct for 120 Vac operation? Since the output V out is +/- 77 Vdc I am beginning to think the XFMR tap is incorrect. The first set of transistors mounted to heat sinks get scary hot (in the power supply) but the unit seems to work fine other wise. Distortion and offset test fine.

Krell regulation circuits

The power supply has 2 stages for each supply.
77V +/- rectified gets regulated to:
58V +/- and then gets regulated to:
48V +/- as it goes to the preamp. On the preamp board it gets regulated to 44V +/-

The other supply starts at 48V and ends at 21V after regulation.

I have checked the taps and confirmed the taps are set correct to 120 V operation. If I change the taps I get 220 V

KBL power supply unit

hi! I have a KBL KPA combo without the PSU. Is their anyway I can find one, or any substitute PSU, or at least the sketch/diagram of the selector switch/regulation board at the power supply/preamp end. I must mention I'm a novice only, but would like to explore the possibilities with local techs in my city if I get some assistance in this regard. Thanks,

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.