Inovative Or Not ????

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I FIND IT ....very interesting to be able to consume 300w of power and be able to have an amplifier that produces 400w of sound ....

opinions please
http://www.audiotechnologies.gr/index_files/Page960.htm

i also find the """"transistors of the device """" very strange since i havent seen them in any amplifier before .... they look kinda big for transistors ...dont you think ????

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Sakis,

Looks like he uses some hybrid amp modules. Those 'funny' transistors look like heatsinked TO220 or similar, although the ehatsinks in the two pics are different. The 300W mains power for 200W*2 seems indeed strange, but probably the 200W can only be delivered short term and not both channels at the same time, which is not unusual for this type of specs.
Otherwise to me it seems OK.

jd

hei jan

this is all a joke .... a greek joke i presume since its rather obvious that in the output stk circuits exist ....

i wonder what all these people that strugle to make amplifiers perfect and i belive that they manage really well ..... for the greek designer that discovered the stk chips in the 21 century .....

on the other hand i find the 2 ohm note a complete joke ....

it is amazing i belive and i find a total waist to use a sweet tube to drive an stk ....

i am breathless of the nerve of some people

Hi sakis,
They do that a lot to speakers...:cannotbe:

(I find, in another note, the 'old' variable loudness on the home stereo 'new' line of YAMAHA AMPS (2 models) quite innovative.)

I guess, also, on this picture on the right (http://www.audiotechnologies.gr/index_files/Page507.htm), that they show a blind person writing (NPI).

Attachments

• image10811.jpg
    image10811.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 344
well jacco

i actually called the guy pretenting to be a costumer .....

and here is what he said to me

----transfromers are 300w rms (?????) and can deliver 450 max
----these are not any stk .... it is a special kind of stk that they been looking for 20 years
---- it is not available in the open market ( thetype is a secret )
-----the particular stk features 4x250W transistors inside
----- and will also happily drive 2ohms loads
-----then again there is no chance that you blow this stk since it also features limiters inside

and if you do blow it after all cannot be replaced by anyone and you simply have to buy the all magic board from the magic company ....

where i come from we call this b*****eeeetttt

that is ok

with me

this was my opinion about the specific device ....i see nothing wrong with that

very often you hear things in the forum about this design or that design ....

no probs .... i have nothing against the designer ( personaly ) i would like though greek designers to be really inovative and use new techonolgy and most of everything to be honest with their costumers ...

regrads sakis

In 1970'th we made hybrid amps in similar cases. They were not STK, they were Russian designed and made in Tomsk city hybrid amps. Such types of cases were standard. I don't understand why do you think nobody can make today decent hybrid thick film ICs if cases are still available? The technology is very similar to modern SMD.

wavebourn

i have not realy anything against that

i do have a thingy about specs ..... iwas expecting them more realistic ....you may as well tell me that many comercial designs suffer from similar behaviour ......bla bla pioneer amplifier 2.500w per chanel at 0.025 ohms for 0.25 second ...ha ha ha ...yea yea ok we see many of this stuff around ...

and also ... you know the all thing is wery sweet ....the factory looks very nice ...the product looks also very nice ...also in world with economical crises ...its a very nice thing to see a small factory producing a nice product

the all set up looks like a very neat wine factory ....or a nice brwery .... very clean ...very organized .... all these is A ten times Bravo !!!!

then do something realy inovative ....or something new ....or something with excelent quality ....

not something that is done before ....not something that is based on somobdy elses technology ....

its a pity you know cause it seems that these people ""have it "

they could produce something with the above critiria .....

on the other hand may be this is something like a "cheap thing " 600 euro i think ....so it may be excused ....

dont know..... may be there is other stuff that they produce that are much better

Interesting that crazy amplifier.... 300 watts consumption and having the promisse

of big magic....more power than consumption... against physic laws.

ahahahaha...funny that!...maybe short time transient peaks because supply condensers charged.... microseconds distorted high power bursts.

Maybe the power consumption informed is the iddle, the stand by current as the unit operates class A and have tube heaters...all that can have 300 watts iddle. (crazy consumption but possible)

Thank you by the software dear Sakis....the other parts will wait next change.... the last trip was cancelled, so...awainting a new trip from USA to Brazil.

No problems...parts are in very safe hands.

regards,

Carlos

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.