Exstroyer x Amplifier...Ex amp...my amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2007
Finally the development...in a real testing world, the former Simplícia, the Pimple amplifier had qualities enougth that made me give my name to it.

C'mon guys.... let's duel about quality?... Bring the one you have, adjusted to 100 watts power maximum during peaks...and let's see if my one will be ashamed.

You can call me "Shelley"....i will eat the board and will make a movie to you to watch the blood appearing because of the cuts.

This one is really fine!...better than all amplifiers? NO!....no one is able to beat Aksa amplifiers!....but i can march aside.... to stand aside without feel ashamed.

Can Symassym smash it?.... bring'em here...ahahaha..... bring'em here and you see that Symassym is a beautifull amplifier....but the romance.... the love and passion of beautifull sonics is there...inside the young Exstroyer X...the brand new, the young amplfiers, with need upgrades to sonics..nothing there to decoration.....The amplifier.

Do you have doubts..... well.... i challenge you!...try to burn Exstroyer X amplifier..... test it....try simulators to discover distortions....hehe.....you will be tired, and the maximum you will listen from Big Fat Crazy Marlie is that you may have a ball of wax inside your ears.... i will invite you to bring, and show to us your hearing tests made.

A Genuine classic from the seventies...the terrible Mythburster amplifier.... will eat without ketchup many good amplifiers....will be comparable to many others and will loose for a nose of for a hair related many others...using a very low speed transistors.... awfull resistors and stupid capacitors....no silver mica...no blackgates..no golden plated terminals...nothing....also no emitter resistors....so reliable that i am not using fuses.

And fuse could not save my speaker that gone.... holding 100 watts peak for an hour it gone!.....first time an amplifier could kill my 150 watts speaker!

Operating cold.... 570 milivolts in the output...all other transistor running with 580 milivolts to VBE.... extremelly noiseless and stable.... deep nice bass and clear trebles, wonderfull female voices and all instruments appearing with clear sound stage.....rain is rain...claps are claps.... cannon shot is another damned speaker that will go to hell!

Flat and beautifull coloured harmonic sonics...as life is harmony, and music is harmony...and guys trying to remove added harmonics...let them there folks!

No more Pimple...it is more than that...no more Simplícia, it is 10 times better..... Exstroyer X amplifier

Bring' em....do not mind if sophisticaded.....bring'em to duel with Ex amplifier...have you courage?... tell me man, for instance, if your whale amplifier is able to adjust off set to 100 milivolts without digit over flow....non variation...hehe..... this one is stable!

I am challenging everyone!.... with Hugh Dean, Graham Maynard and Michael Bittner to a competition...sonic competition...not graphics and data competition...sound man!...music!

Good schematics, good board, circuit description (brief), parts list will come soon...this amplifier is the last one, my ultimate creation

regards,

Marlos

Attachments

• 117.jpg
    117.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 1,305
Ahahaha...super creative, as always

remember me to send you a medal.

really that was funny.... Extroyer.

At least, writting you show lovely creative ideas...apply all that to amplifiers too..for our enjoyment..continue almost the same simplicius.

You see..this promotes me..everybody talking on me, remembering my amplifiers, this is advertising to me..but for the forum..well..for the forum...the same old song is moderator's problem.

regards,

Carlos

I know very well, as you know too, that when we take a topologie and we decide

some standard currents to the differential, another standard, often used current to the VAS, and also some standard current to drivers...and if we decide by almost the same voltage..then we will have almost the same circuit.

Even if the guy started from the scratch..the nude topologie without any part value, this will happens....and the guy had not the intention to copy...for sure was honest work...but you see.

If you take the Monalisa portrait..then you copy the contour, the surrounding basic lines...and then you start to decide the colours (but your mind will be poluted, strong influences from the image you have observed from Monalisa)... and then your colours became almost the same... and your picture became almost the same too because all those coincidences...then you go to put that into a Gallery where Monalisa already is exposed.

For sure people will say you have copied!... also looks alike..seems was a copy..looks a copy..when seems and looks we believe is a copy..and probably the gallery owner will not let you to expose your picture there.

Very unfair i know....you have painted all that stuff!...but result the same..if result the same is a copy.

You may be super decent, and really innocent, but the fact is that your product is almost the same..seems copy!

You are lucky the gallery owner (forum administration) accepted that double exposition...just that.... for sure Leonardo da Vinci would complain.

Leonardo was brilliant..one of the biggest genius we have in our known history..but he used trick..half smile into the lips and serious expression into the eyes...so..observing lips you think she smiles..and observing the eyes you think she is serious...so..double message..you stay having doubts and curiosity make you think about...this was gênius to create that interrogation mark inside our minds.

regards,

Carlos

Into the long tail there's an important capacitor missed

Without it you have oscilations triggered by the signal superimposed to the high frequency tones above 8 kilohertz.

There's no Miller compensation, that should be from 22 to 33 pf

The feedback capacitor is too much low to operate stable without the miller into the VAS.

Thermal drift if do not use enormous heatsink..the initial idea was to use enormous heatsink and a fan..if built without enormous heatsink and a fan will overheat till the output transistors burns.

There are other minor things that will not be a problem to reliability or sonics...more two things only.

This was made and very fast abandoned by something better...i am happy that MJL21193 now take responsability with it.... removed a lot of weigth that were heavy over my shouders....now the amplifier is extroyer and the time bomb may explode in his hands...not mine!

This was the first one..from simplicius...a first try..and all evolution, from the scratch to finally result into the Dx Amplifier was posted in details..i am glad people has not build this one..it works, but need some care because the heatsink size and the need of fan.... depending the musical program it may oscilate...and to evolute this one, will finally reach something alike the one built by several forum folks if you remember.

Man!..lots of exageration... to Aksa bring to compete was really exageration... cannot beat Aksa 55..not this one...now the exageration bellongs to Extroyer...heheheheh...i am out guys...hehehehe travelling.. into Romênia.... into transilvânia

Without big heatsinks...Booooom!

regards,

Carlos

Listen the time clock bigun...tic tac, tic tac

ahahahaha!...dozen of explosions if you forget to use big heatsinks and fan blowers.. this was a prototype that worked..but under strong refrigeration.

Them was made better, with diodes first and them folks asked VBE multiplier...all things explored... was a step by step long exploration of details... also several sub circuits tried... CCS, mirrors, current sink, double VAS, tripple VAS, triple darlington into the output,dual transistor VBE multiplier, class A bias..automatic class A biasing, rail regulators, CCS in the place of Bootstrapp... resistance without bootstrapping.

Read the thread..will be helpfull..and without burn fingers with soldering iron.

The original thread was Dx Amplifier, my amplifier.... transistor is kidding..but now turn responsable by that stuff..i am out..travelling..send complains to my dear partner..the time bomb owner..Mr. Extroyer..the MJL21193

regards,

Carlos

I have heard the voice of Carlos, it's different from what you might imagine. And Carlos has a very nice voice.

Also, it is a very good sign that this thread has shown a sense of humour from everyone. Perhaps this Forum is bouncing back now. A better level of humour and a better level of respect. I'm very pleased.

The DX threads (there are many) have much inside them but it's hard to find things. Perhaps Carlos, your legacy should be something more, not a book exactly, but something similar. Something not so dry, something like your posts. A Carlos 'cartoon guide to amplifiers'. I would buy one.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.