Create an amplifier with RCA 2N2148 Gem. Transister

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'll give you the amplifier , you give me the semis!
Just joking.I was wandering around 'cause i had an old Fisher Tx-100 integrated without TO-3's in the back , and I think they should work on this unit.
The birth of the discrete era is wonderful , seems the engineers brought knowledge from tubes and applied to semiconductors - well,it is - like interstage transformers with extra windings for FB , regulated current source for the power transistors-forgive me for my incompetence. Well , living in HK should be no problem finding any device .

Yes, it is easily to find any device in anywhere because the ebay born. I am very interested in the old solid device, such as V-FET (Sony 2SK60). So expensive is it in ebay, but I just have P-channel side (2SJ18). I have planned to build up CSPP amp which is designed from Japanese. The 2N2148 which is happened in a shop but I don't purchase today because I want to know more about it. Just know that it is a geminium device.

Here's the ratings for the 2N2148

Ge PNP Power BJT
V(CEO) =40V
V(CBO) =60V
I(C) Abs. Max Collector Current=5.0A pk
Absolute Max. Power Diss. =12.5W
I(CBO) Max. =10mA @V(CBO) =60
V(CE)sat Max. =1.0V @ I(C) = 4.0A & I(B) = 400mA
h(FE) Min. Static Current Gain = 40
h(FE) Max. Current gain.=160 @ I(C) = 1.0A & V(CE) = 2.0V
f(T) Min. Transition Freq=2.0MHz @I(C) =1.0A & V(CE) =2.0
Package=TO-3

These were taken from an old book of transistor specs that I have in my workshop.

Tony.

hello.
here is an old schematic (around 1968) with ge - transistors ad167 that are similar to yours............
i think these amps are good for the museum.............but if you like to experiment with them...........why not?
greetings................

Attachments

• geamp1.jpg
    geamp1.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 282
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.