PCB design for MOSFET based HP amp?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

I am in the process of building a Szerkeres MOSFET based headphone amp http://www.headwize.com/projects/showproj.php?file=szeke1_add_prj.htm (the amp on the addendum page with the CCS)which I am having one or two issues with. I am struggling to get the amp into the box neatly enough for my liking. I have built it on strip board, but it is no good for mounting the heatsinks on. As the amp runs in class A with a CCS at 250mA, heatsinking is quite important. Also, the LM317's and MOSFET's are uninsulated so can't touch the chassis.

I intend to fit the amp into the box I am using as a passive attenuator for my LM3875 Gainclone. A (stereo) input and a single (stereo) output. There will be a switch to switch the output from the attenuator between phono out's or the input to the headphone amp. Power for the HP amp is off board, DC 13.8v.

I am enquiring on the off chance that someone may have a PCB design for this amp (125mm x 75mm max.), or know how I can get my hands on some PCB design software (freeware if possible). I have been tearing my hair out trying to fit the CCT on stripboard. PCB is the way forward.

Many thanks,

Chris.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.