John Curl's Blowtorch preamplifier part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does physics today have any real rules? It would appear that 'rules' are just guidelines for the masses. ;-)

Physics today acknowledge the influence of the observer on quantum levels phenomena, however, it has no definite knowledge as for who, or what, that observer is. This applies to physics, however, Amit Goswami, for one, got it right, or so it seems to me. According to him, the observer is consciousness. It takes boldness and greatness for a known physicist to refer to consciousness, since it can neither be measured nor proved. It seems that those who adhere to science religiously just ignore the question who, or what, the observer is. Since it can neither be measured nor proved, for them it's in the realm of metaphysics, beyond the realm physics deals with, thus, it doesn't exist in their minds.

Attachments

• hollycow.jpg
    hollycow.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 267

Surprised? Not me, looks like a Chopra clone in a physicist dress.

Chopra said:
The physical world, including our bodies, is a response of the observer. We create our bodies as we create the experience of our world

Chopra said:
Beliefs, thoughts, and emotions create the chemical reactions that uphold life in every cell

Chopra said:
The world you live in, including the experience of your body, is completely dictated by how you learn to perceive it

Amit Goswami, PhD, is a professor of physics at the University of Oregon, senior scholar in residence Institute of Noetic Sciences and author of few books on Quantum Physics. Like what happened to other great scientists at their time, he is mocked by lesser minds. The mocking testifies only about the mockers. As I wrote earlier, it takes boldness and greatness to speak about what physics hasn't proved yet.

No, they're meant to make a small electrical signal into a big electrical signal.

When the fact that the small signal an audio amplifier is to amplify contains music is forgotten, bad sounding amplifiers are designed and produced. This is because the waveforms of music are much more complex than a series of sine waves. Ignoring the complexity of waveforms containing music by some "measure only" designers explains the fact that some amplifiers measure great (on sine waves), but sound bad.

As I wrote before, mocking testifies about the mockers only.
It's so easy to mock what we don't understand, or don't accept.
It also feels good to belong to the majority, or to the masses.
It isn't that easy to think outside of the box.
Most great scientific achievements were accomplished by thinking outside of the box.
It takes boldness and greatness to express views outside of the consensus.

Status
Not open for further replies.