Help desperately needed with find

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I was coming home when I noticed a speaker in a skip. At first I just thought I would leave it. Then I came back 10 minute later to see if it was any good it was a bit battered but it hard some weight to it and I thought it would be good for fiddleing with. Then i saw the back of an amp half buried in wet mud which when I pulled out i saw it was a cambridge audio amp :bigeyes: and under neath that another perfect speaker bar a few scratchs they look fine. And a bit of mud that just cleaned of though

Now to the problem I need to know what is wrong with it. It has a burnt out thing with five legs coming off it and Sap 15 written on it there was another no. but i think it was a serial no. 23** i couldn't see the last didgits because it had melted and craked i don't know which caused which and i think a fuse has blown.

Model: A5 intergrated amplifier

:nod: Thanks in advance for any help:nod:

Darlington

Hi.
SAP15,SAP16 is a darlington transistor from Sanken.
Vceo-160V
PcW-150W
IcA-15A

SAPseries

Darlington transistors with
in temperature compensation diodes
for audio amplifier applications
Built-in temperature compensation diodes and one emitter resistor
Real time temperature compensation
The temperature compensation diodes are mounted on one chip and placed in the center of the chip to
detect temperature rises directly.
Elimination of the temperature dependency of the idling current
The temperature coefficient of the diodes is optimized to have the idling current stabilized; thus one of
the fatal failure modes in conventional Darlington transistors, Thermal Runaway, is avoidable.
Symmetrical design for the PNP and the NPN pinouts
The new design minimizes the length of the pattern layout, and output distortions are controlled.
Darlington transistors, temperature compensation diodes and one emitter resistor are
incorporated in one package, so labor for parts insertion as well as the parts count is
reduced.

Were can I upload the datasheet to you?
Regards.:)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.