Rifa Peh169

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Those are some of the best elco's you can get! After trying different types, the rifa's are the only one's getting near my amps. I'm using the peh200 types wich are a little cheaper. The peh169 series are the king. It doesn't take many seconds of looking at the datasheet (or better listen to them installed in an amp) to realise this.. :nod:

Thx,
I knew they were good on the data sheet but did not know if it was matched by sonic performance.

The datasheet says they should be mounted vertically, anyone know why? Is it just a safety precaution or will it affect life expectancy and electrical parameters.

They will go into my LC Audio TEM.

I noticed the liquid...must be a good reason for it, wonder what :scratch:

Mad_K I did not read the data sheet good enough, the mounting options are actually stated there as well.

Anyway they're in now, 4*63v 82000uF running my power amp.
The improvment over the old ERO's was actually bigger then I expected and by my book better then the batteries I used to run it on, much smother but still solid as a rock :nod:

Attachments

• rifa.jpg
    rifa.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 1,019
Most of the MKP filmcaps are for added decoupling, the big black ones are Solen/SCR 100uF 250v that I just put in to see how they affect sonics.

There are also a set of them that filters of any DC on the output before feeding it to another poweramp that then powers my subwoofers.

Its a LC Audio The End Millenium power amp.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.