request: PCB of P68-300W

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2002
Paid Member
DJ: Can't you give the circuit to someone and have them manufacture it for you? I'm sure Israel has an electronic industry - and a pretty good one, too. Maybe a friend can help?

Alternatively, build it up on veroboard? Most of the wiring is on the power transistors - which can be with heavy-duty wire directly on the devices. You may not need a PCB. These circuits may work well if you try P2P or veroboard - so long as you take care to reinforce the current paths, etc...

Also, why this particular project? If I remember correctly Rod intended this as a Sub amp and not a hi-fi amp - are you building a sub?

Are you going to be running a stack for PA or do you have a pair of terribly inefficient speakers that you're looking for such high power?

I have mid-range speakers with a 35 W RMS amp and I rarely need to crank it up.

Maybe you need some help to select a good amp design that sounds good? More power isn't necessarily better - even though there are design of 1,000 watt amps on the net - if you want you can ask me and I'll send you schematics.

But First priority should be quality? Or is it really that you need so much power....

Good to know that India is not the only country where internet ordering is a problem...

Joined 2002
Paid Member
Yes, Rod clearly states that the amp is not intended for hifi, or PA use evn - only for subwoofer use inside the sub enclosure as the amp has no short circuit protection so any mishap will result in death of the output devices.

Also I rechecked and the schematic has only four transistors and a few passives that will need a PCB. Everything else can be hardwired. The reason hardwiring was not suggested is that inside a Sub there may be too much vibration....

DJ I do not think this will work well as a regular stereo amp as you want it to. Please read Rod's text along with the project. Only 3 V/uS is maybe too little....

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
hii sangram....

soo...
i what to build to Subwoofers AMPS.....
i need high POWER ! the quality is normal....
if i dont find a PCB so i will build in veroboard....

i choose in the "P68 - subwoofer amp" because it is the easy circuit that i find....
and i will us in 10 Tran' with 70V+/- so i can get 400W RMS in 4ohm...

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

and the parts of this amp is easy to get in electronics shop in israel.....

what u suggest?

i need min- amp power 300W RMS max 800W RMS (4 Ohm)

sorry my English is poor....

Joined 2002
Paid Member
Oh, then I'm sorry. If you want a subwoofer amp then the ESP circuit is about the best. I don't think you will get 800 watts into 4 ohms, though - Rod doesn't recommend the circuit for 4 ohm duty in any case, you will have to add more transistors - 2 pairs, to be precise, for Sub amp duty into 4 ohms.

Veroboard will not be difficult. Write to Rod and explain your problem to him, maybe he will drop a few hints. Be careful of the wiring, though. Use heavy guage wires and check the connections twenty times before applying power.

Remember there's no short-circuit protection and since you have so much hardwiring, you may not be able to mount it into the sub as the vibration will surely shake it loose.

If I was in your place I'd have worked with something from the STK series. Anthony (Holton) has worked out some 800 watt and 1000 watt RMS Mosfet amps, in case you would like to build them but they are slightly more complex.

If you have the money and the chip is available, I would suggest picking up 4 STK4048XI and running them in a bridge configuration. You should easily get about 300 watts into an 8 ohm load...

Your English is way better than my Hebrew. Never let it worry you...

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
i build it for PA....- DJ

i build 2 channels for subwoofer - 450W RMS x2 4 Ohm

and for normal DJ spek' i will build with 4 STK4050V in bridge....
400W RMS x2 (8-16 Ohm)

it will be 4 channels amp..... very big.... i already buy the parts and the transformers..... i wait that thay come.....

transformer for sub amp..... is 48~0~48VAC 1600VA (40-500Hz)
transformer for the STK's .....is 46~0~46VAC 1000VA (500Hz-20K)

Joined 2002
Paid Member
Somebody will be able to give the exact technical explanation of this specification.

What I know that the specification is also known as the slew rate - how fast the amplifier is able to swing its output in reponse to input signal.

Generally, the higher, the better - except for the fact that op/amps with very high slew rates also require some amount of stable circuits or else they can oscillate.

The LM chips have slew rates of about 10 or 8 V/uS - which is sort of a 'minimum' for full range audio. 3V/uS, as Rod says on the article, gives full power to 10KHz but that's only under testing. HF distortion becomes a problem specially at higher volumes.

Since you were thinking of a sub amp, that should not be a problem anyway.... So the amp is basically suited to what you want to do with it...

THIS IS THE BCB IMMAGE OF THE PROJECT P68 300W PA
BU ME.......
PLEASE CHECK THAT DESIGN
!@@#$#$%.......I knoW THAT IS RIGHT DESIGN
IF NT CRRECT i am not responsible for that..........
CHECK IT ON AT YOUR RISK..............
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Last edited:
[image][/image][image]
THIS IS THE BCB IMMAGE OF THE PROJECT P68 300W PA
BU ME.......
PLEASE CHECK THAT DESIGN
!@@#$#$%.......I knoW THAT IS RIGHT DESIGN
IF NT CRRECT i am not responsible for that..........
CHECK IT ON AT YOUR RISK..............
[image]Facebook[/image]
[image]Facebook[/image]
[image]Facebook[/image]
[image]Facebook[/image]
[image]Facebook[/image]
[image]Facebook[/image]:):):):):)[/image]

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.