Hafler Five Hundred problem

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am having a problem with a Hafler Five Hundered. I am intermitantly losing channnels in and out. When the channel fades, sometimes the left, sometimes the right, I can turn the power switch off and back on quickly and both channels will work fine again for a bit and then one will fade and I can do the same thing over again. Everytime I flip the power switch off and back on, both channels work properly again. If I leave it on one side will be fine and one will fade in and out. What is going on? when both channels are going it sounds good. What should I look at" Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks, Kyle

Hafler 500

Cool thanks. One thing I did notice is that after letting it sit all night long powered on, it doesn't seem to be having channels drop out. It looks to be a component which functions when warm but not correctly when the unit sits off for awhile. Would this limiter be consistent with that?

yes.

you can consider replacing it entirely with a soft start circuit that controls a relay with a power resistor for the current limiting on start up. there are circuits you can find if you search here...

Or alternately, bypasses the present part entirely after a start up period of a few seconds... same idea.

_-_-bear

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.