eine fantastische Verstärker/Endstufe

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
??

:bigeyes: I think I've solved the mystery! :bigeyes:

This circuit that Stee is talking about is a measuring filter for
an elektor T-class power amp from 2004! This explains the high voltage tolerable op-amp input.

Stee seem to have taken this device for measuring distortion in D/T class amps and rebuilt it to an amplifier!!!!!!

Do'nt know what to say! Are you joking with us,Stee? :D

yes sure

use an existing driver is more easy
specially if it's nice (full balanced as Rotel)
and there is PCB ready:cool:

often happens that the technicians are lost in the details
losing sight of the overall vision:
did you ever wonder why the CFP oscillates spontaneously?

you know why the EF architecture is the most popular? (but minor of CFP)
know that complementary bipolar power devices
have a large difference in gain?

my message is that the solution is ready
no matter if the key is from Elektor

please edit your amplifier !
this is not stupid genius:bigeyes:

Attachments

• balanced speed on cfp.gif
    balanced speed on cfp.gif
    48.1 KB · Views: 544
I now can see the point, too (but haven't played it through).

But, Stee, WHY are you obscuring you basis idea with laconic posts and misleading schematics and thread title?

Why not nailing it down to the core of what this idea is all about, right in the first post?

- Klaus

IMO, anyone who uses a 5534 in 2009 just isn't listening. they were an ugly sounding thing when released back in the 70's, and sure haven't gotten better sounding since.

If one must use an opamp, there are 100's that sound far better today.

And that's not commenting on the rest of the circuit, except the prevously mentioned lack of a bias current R for Pin 3 of the 5534. Loose the input cap and it might work slightly better...

Regards, Allen

www.vacuumstate.com

Thank you Stee... at least you offer things for us

ideas and so on.

Some of our dear forum friends offer nothing but criticises a lot.... some of them are kind alike sandpapper scratching sensitive parts (their own i hope)

I think, critics are fine too, but less interesting than amplifiers.

Thank you Fratello d'Italia.

Some ideas you bring are not common, i am not able to say they are good or bad, but i will try some of your ideas.... them i will know.

Calidarium looks nice... thank you.

Carlo

Allen Wright said:
IMO, anyone who uses a 5534 in 2009 just isn't listening. they were an ugly sounding thing when released back in the 70's, and sure haven't gotten better sounding since.
I think this depends pretty much on how exactly you use them... they ain't that bad in low gain inverting mode, output biased into class A and used in a constant power-fashion for low thermal effects (only feasible with 5532 duals). Sure there are far better ones available today which don't need such frills.

- Klaus

KSTR said:
I think this depends pretty much on how exactly you use them... they ain't that bad in low gain inverting mode, output biased into class A and used in a constant power-fashion for low thermal effects (only feasible with 5532 duals). Sure there are far better ones available today which don't need such frills.

You may laugh aloud, but 4558 are better when output biased!

thanks a lot Carlo!

who wants to edit the layout of CALIDARIVM
to improve it can do
for example, new OP-AMP Input

keep in mind that the driver resistance
depend on how big the heatsink
the lower the resistance that the final pilot
the lower the distortion of cross

important to note that the signal passes through a single point at the output stage
and that the NFB resistance has no capacitors
the whole scheme is completely complementary and...

CFP balanced stage is a really brilliant idea:xeye:
can drive that also with a nice voltage amplifier as A-100
http://www.audio-gd.com/enweb/pro/diy/MD.htm

other important feature about the Elektor ex-filter is again a
CFP on output stage: the high speed of this configuration
create a very accurate feedback

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.