Service manuals

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys, been away for a while with work but now i have time to play a little.

I have just bought a NAD C326BEE and kindly been given an old Rotel RA-412.

I have started improving some of the power supply in the NAD and have not yet had the chance to open up the Rotel. In about ten minutes time though........

Anyway, has anyone got or can anyone point me in the direction of finding these service manuals, please. I have had nothing but good advice and help in the past and I have my fingers crossed!

So far, the NAD has improved after the fitting of new power supply reservoir cap's and some bypassing. I want to go further though!!!

Please help if anyone can
Cheers
Gareth

I have also had problems in finding capacitors of the correct size in the NADS power supply.

There are two caps that I would like to upgrade. One is a 50v 2200uF electrolytic and the other is a 50v 3300uF electrolytic. The diameter of the 2200uF is 16mm and the 3300uF needs to be no bigger than 18mm diameter. I ordered Vishay's from Farnell where I checked the sizes and appparently they should have fit. When they arrived though they were too wide and stumpy. Basically not what was shown unless I mis-read the site.

Also I would like to get my hands on two 15,000uF 63v electrolytics of the two-pin 'snap-in' type and cant find any of suitable dimensions. These being 34mm X 60mm. Most of what I find are four pin or srew fixings and generally too big.

The intenal layout of the nad, to me and I am still learning, looks quite nice and symmetrical and I would like to learn more about the amplification process through both the old (and maybe not good??) Rotel and the new NAD.

After that I hope to start out on my first true design. With the intention, hopefully, of making my own bi-amped speakers.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Any ideas????????

You could try the Panasonic M series. I used these in my Cambridge amp with good results. The 3300uF 50V were about this size. they definitely were the size advertised in Farnell anyway! They're designed for audio use are quite cheap and are physically smaller than the FC's.

Thanks for the help so far guys. I have had a quick look on the audio-cicuit.dk website which is awesome. Fair play. So thanks for that. I have not had the chaqnce to look at the Russian site yet, downloaded too many PDF'S from denmark!!!!!!!!

Cheers jackinnj!!

Couldn't find the NAD C326BEEE but there was a C320BEE on there so I hope I can apply the maths and go from there, or take a look at the Russian site first.

And yeah, I will take a look at Farnell and the Panasonic M series. I have alreaddy used their AM and FC series' to good effect.

Thanks guys. Back soon after I have been through the PDF'S

No luck with either the ROTEL RA-412 or the NAD C326 BEE service manuals. I have tried both the websites skidude and the closest I came was the NAD C320 BEE, so let's play with the maths.

I got the ROTEL working in the early hours of this morning but I would like the service manual to make modifications. For instance there are two 'Phono' inputs as well as the Aux and two tape loops so I would like to know more.

Any help, pointers or just general info on the ROTEL would be greatly appreciated, even though it us not top-class it has a nice warm sound but i feel i can modify it for the better i.e. possibly bypassing and removing from circuit the high and low-pass filters and a couple of other thingd like that.

So if anyone can offer any knowledge as towards these i would gratefull

Sorry guys been away for quite a while again. Thanks Big Jim for the offer of the 412 service manual but I managed to get it sorted, cheers mate. As for the Nad BEE I went to town on that and was pretty impresssed with how it turned out. I found it a bit grainy at the mid to top end and managed to get rid of some of that and helped it open up a bit and communicate better with me. Liberal sprinkling of cap's etc and adjustments to the power supply did wonders, at least to my ears anyway. I have to say that I have grown quite fond of NAD's since that especially their power supply/transformer arrangement , always plenty on tap and for the size of my listening room it does me well. Yeah, well happy with what it was running with. Today I have snapped up a NAD C320, non BEE, so I am looking forward to hearing it for the first time and seeing what I can do there. Managed to get a service manual but first things first let's settle down and enjoy her first. See what she has to offer. I have a choice of interconnects from Van den Hul to QED and Chord and even some of my own concoctions. I can't wait. I also picked up a Sony TCK 820 QS ( I think thats right), it was one of the last they made I believe in the 'tuned for the UK' range and it was dirt cheap and completely brand new so I couldn't resist. So I want a service manual for that now. Turning into a serial fiddler now I think. MY own headphone amp, some sweet loudspeakers with many thanks to those who helped tune my crossover (all the maths done the old fashioned way - pen and paer you see !!!) and I am well happy. Also I can jump over to some KEF KHT 2005 (with a heavily modded sub, no less !!)

Sorry for going off track but I am glad to be back. Onwards and upwards !!

Again

Cheers
Gareth

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.