Service manuals - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 6th June 2009, 09:15 AM   #1
gareth is offline gareth  Wales
diyAudio Member

Default Service manuals

Hi guys, been away for a while with work but now i have time to play a little.

I have just bought a NAD C326BEE and kindly been given an old Rotel RA-412.

I have started improving some of the power supply in the NAD and have not yet had the chance to open up the Rotel. In about ten minutes time though........

Anyway, has anyone got or can anyone point me in the direction of finding these service manuals, please. I have had nothing but good advice and help in the past and I have my fingers crossed!

So far, the NAD has improved after the fitting of new power supply reservoir cap's and some bypassing. I want to go further though!!!

Please help if anyone can
Cheers
Gareth
Old 6th June 2009, 09:38 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

I have also had problems in finding capacitors of the correct size in the NADS power supply.

There are two caps that I would like to upgrade. One is a 50v 2200uF electrolytic and the other is a 50v 3300uF electrolytic. The diameter of the 2200uF is 16mm and the 3300uF needs to be no bigger than 18mm diameter. I ordered Vishay's from Farnell where I checked the sizes and appparently they should have fit. When they arrived though they were too wide and stumpy. Basically not what was shown unless I mis-read the site.

Also I would like to get my hands on two 15,000uF 63v electrolytics of the two-pin 'snap-in' type and cant find any of suitable dimensions. These being 34mm X 60mm. Most of what I find are four pin or srew fixings and generally too big.

The intenal layout of the nad, to me and I am still learning, looks quite nice and symmetrical and I would like to learn more about the amplification process through both the old (and maybe not good??) Rotel and the new NAD.

After that I hope to start out on my first true design. With the intention, hopefully, of making my own bi-amped speakers.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Any ideas????????
Old 6th June 2009, 11:49 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

http://www.audio-circuit.dk/

http://schematic.narod.ru/a_index.htm
Old 6th June 2009, 08:40 PM   #4
skidude is offline skidude  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

You could try the Panasonic M series. I used these in my Cambridge amp with good results. The 3300uF 50V were about this size. they definitely were the size advertised in Farnell anyway! They're designed for audio use are quite cheap and are physically smaller than the FC's.
Old 8th June 2009, 02:57 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Thanks for the help so far guys. I have had a quick look on the audio-cicuit.dk website which is awesome. Fair play. So thanks for that. I have not had the chaqnce to look at the Russian site yet, downloaded too many PDF'S from denmark!!!!!!!!

Cheers jackinnj!!

Couldn't find the NAD C326BEEE but there was a C320BEE on there so I hope I can apply the maths and go from there, or take a look at the Russian site first.

And yeah, I will take a look at Farnell and the Panasonic M series. I have alreaddy used their AM and FC series' to good effect.

Thanks guys. Back soon after I have been through the PDF'S
Old 9th June 2009, 12:28 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

No luck with either the ROTEL RA-412 or the NAD C326 BEE service manuals. I have tried both the websites skidude and the closest I came was the NAD C320 BEE, so let's play with the maths.

I got the ROTEL working in the early hours of this morning but I would like the service manual to make modifications. For instance there are two 'Phono' inputs as well as the Aux and two tape loops so I would like to know more.

Any help, pointers or just general info on the ROTEL would be greatly appreciated, even though it us not top-class it has a nice warm sound but i feel i can modify it for the better i.e. possibly bypassing and removing from circuit the high and low-pass filters and a couple of other thingd like that.

So if anyone can offer any knowledge as towards these i would gratefull
Old 9th February 2010, 09:05 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

Here are links to over 2000 service manuals for free download

Code:
http://uploading.com/files/734f911a/manual_service_links_v.1.rar/
Old 29th March 2010, 12:41 AM   #8
diyAudio Member

I have uploaded the Denon DP-S1 CD transport service manual here:
Denon DP-S1 Service Manual

Denon PRA-S10 is here:
Denon PRA-S10 Service Manual

Sony SCD-1 and SCD-777ES is here:
Sony SCD-1 SCD-777ES Service Manual

Last edited by SisterOfMercy; 29th March 2010 at 12:45 AM.
Old 29th March 2010, 04:31 AM   #9
big jim is offline big jim  England
diyAudio Member

Hi i have a copy PDF of the RA412 service manual send me a pm for a copy

regards jim
Old 28th October 2010, 07:20 PM   #10
diyAudio Member

Hi big jim, can i have a copy of the Rotel manual too?
Regards,
Dom

Hide this!Advertise here!