I had an idea...maybe a brainstorm result..some neuroniuns re-started to work

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Carlos , a good way to build your speaker knowledge is to do a DX/8" - 2 way combo. You would make them rather small , use a 2
chamber box , mount small trafo (2-300 VA toroid) , amp in the box.

Like DX computer speakers ( still, they would cost $50+ apiece)

I almost do this with my 2 Dx's (they are just not in the box). They
TOTALLY out crank and outperform those chinese sub/ satellites like
you have just bought. I run sony 8" 2 ways , and it is a LOUD computer. :eek:
OS

Yes Carlos, I lost a lot of time on that other thread and more than I could afford.

I just finished a little speaker for when I start to go deaf as I won't need my main speakers that go down to 30Hz. These will be my retirement speaker which go down to 45Hz only but have a very natural quality and smoothness about them.

Attachments

• rz5ss.jpg
    rz5ss.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 121
I have 1 more speaker to build sometime in the future and have done some tests to get familiar with the drivers so I can do a very crazy design for my last one. :xeye:

The tweeter comes from the late 70s or early 80s made by Coral and I was lucky to get new ones.

Attachments

• xg18coral.jpg
    xg18coral.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 132
That's the first time i see things made misaligned from you

This made me feel less bad about my terrible speakers (i use to try, one each month).

Mine results always this way.... out of centering.

But maybe, in your case, was made that way...my case is that i try to make aligned and i do not suceed doing that.

Maybe my tools...yeeeah!...better to blame my tools.

ahahahahah!

regards,

Carlos

......................................................................................................

Your last one is not correct, you gonna have hundreds of last one..you will not travel to the other side soon as you imagine.

Dx Corporation guarantee!

Attachments

• alike mine.jpg
    alike mine.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 114
Disabled Account
Joined 2007
I had an idea...maybe a brainstorm result..some neuroniuns re-started to work

Luckily, there's medication for that...:D

Those drivers are wired in series in the drawing (post #1) and if they are "glued together" (detail from the youtube vid) they will ~cancel each other out - the polarity on the second driver needs to be reversed...(and conected to a real amp :D )

Read it again...that's the idea.

All them will move forward because of current crossing...we do not want speaker out from its resting point .... reason why we attach one against the other....both will produce the same strengh and the cones will stand still into the correct position, allowing movement forward and backward.

Maybe my speaker polarity is wrong...i doubt that, but this is the idea...to cancel that "off set" with the other speaker counter mechanic force.

I feel deeply astonish to see how people read....or my english is terrible of people read without any attention.

regards,

Carlos

Re: That's the first time i see things made misaligned from you

destroyer X said:

Mine results always this way.... out of centering.

But maybe, in your case, was made that way...my case is that i try to make aligned and i do not suceed doing that.

It's a test box and drivers were meant to be off centre. There has been over drivers in this box for tests so have to position drivers to cover the other holes.

These drivers went in the box so I could understand the characteristics of the tweeter to allow me to do a design. The final box will be very different.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.