an old HK6200 worth repairing?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, newbie question please.
I have an old Harmon Kardon 6200 (30 amps?) stereo amp with 1 blown channel.

Is it worth repairing for moderate cost, say $100Au if the O/P transistor is blown. I'm pretty good at soldering, if I could verify it is in fact the last O/P transistor. But I can't see the part number, and I'm just assuming!
(I also don't have a circuit diagram, but if I did, I could figure the replacement)

Do so-called high-current amps live up to the hype. This amp has performed well for many years albeit sounding not bright ie slightly subdued compared to my old Technics 100W/Ch Class A amp (sadly departed).

I'm pretty broke but just want a good 'bright' cheap and cheerful powerful amp to drive my glorious Jamo E680 stereo speakers. Any comments most welcome. Thanks Grant

well

eventhough i cannot understand the """"Jamo glorious speakers"""" since no Jamo speaker can be such a thing ,but any way ( ha ha ha )

yes i will go for a complete rebuilt ....not an easy job but possible to be done also by a nb as long as you can follow procedure and work very very carefully ....

though you need to have some background to do this ....

target what you like to do first

----just a quick repair
---- total rebuilt
---- or trash it any way

me personaly i would go for a complete remake and make my shelf a nice amp that will last another 30 years

if you follow this it will cost something like 50 AD and will be done with in a couple of days ...

take a peak
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=136261&highlight=

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.