2sa1016/2sc2362

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys!

I was looking for excellent, neutral sound, TO-92 small signal transistors and after having looked around in the forum i came across this pair here.
Appereantly they are better than the classic Toshiba 2SC2240 and its complementary (I had a chance to use them in comparison with others and decided i didn't fully liked their character).

Anyways, i have the A1016/C2362 on my hand.
Consulting the datasheet it seems that these two are PNP/NPN respectively *BUT* after have ran a simple test (with the diode check and a simple transistor tester on these cheap multimiters) i found them to be both PNP!

Am I missing something or there is a problem with my parts (maybe fake?!)

Thank you guys for the attention.

Hi, i will post a pic of the front later on as i don't have a camera with me right now.
They look normal to me though...meaning nothing wierd on the front...i guess...but they are both PNPs! (in case do you have a reliable source on Europe?)

The application in on a phono stage but not as active gain nor cascode but currently on a nackamici current mirror configuration's style driving an outputy diamond buffer stage.
I am sure that there is not much difference on that position, but i would like to have a more suitable transistor than the current BC557/547.

Do you have a better suggestion in case?

Thank you for the attention.

well...not sure, but i have followed the datasheet.

the pin out i have considering, facing the round face of the transistor (fron view) from left to the right is

| | |
B C E

i don't know if i am mistaken or not.

the 2SA2240 and 2SC970 are fine, pin out speaking.

Flat side forward is how the devices are drawn on the datasheets, but non-techies in general have not been taught basic drawing rules.

Rotel has been designing with the duo for +15 years, the Sanyo devices might very well become obsolete in the near future, the moment they become trendy parts in the DIY scene.
Amusing. :clown:

Reactions: 1 user
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.