300w sub amp help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
well i want to build that 300w power amp but i can`t buy the pcb from Rod because i live in Macedonia and buying the pcb is:
first -to expencive
second- there is no 100% guarantee that i will get the board.

Can anybody help me with some advices about how to make my own board(layer if possible) for this amp??

How many layers?

I don't know about what supplies you can get but I'm considering making my own too. I'll probably get some ferric chloride etching fluid and do the Xerox copier thing, where you copy the layout from a magazine or the like, and mirror the image and then copy it again with heavy toner. (make a real dark print) Then lay the copy on the unetched copper clad board and use an iron to rub the toner onto the board. Lift the copy paper and you should have a copy of the artwork on your copper clad board. Use a permanant, black marker to clean up any holes and then etch the board. I made it sound easy but this isn't easy and it takes a long time to do if you desire a quality job. It is the most affordable way I can think of though.

Good luck,
Chris

Joined 2002
Paid Member
Problem with that is that Rod will not give the PCB design, and I think he's right in not doing so - the man eats off the sale off those PCBs. I know it's expensive but I'll be ordering anyway for the Linkwitz-Riley XOs if the breadboard attempt does not go well...

That said, I don't think this is very difficult or complicated to wire onto a veroboard. The heavy wiring can be done driectly at the devices on the heatsink, and the rest of the circuit is anyway quite small... 4 transistors and a bunch of passives.

Even though Rod doesn't recommend wiring it on vero, I wouldn't see much of a problem if only the input and pre-driver stage is on the board, and the outputs mounted on to the HS and hardwired.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.