Current-feedback amp, 150 a 200 watt.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi

I have search the schematic of the amp I designed some years ago.

I have draw it in multisim and want to share it.

it sounds very good and is super fast, bandwith 10 to 500 khz with ease, without low pass it will go to 1 mhz.

it sounds quite warm.. and simple to build.

Attachments

• topamp.pdf
    40.9 KB · Views: 556
no it is not the alexander amp it is simulair that,s right..

he use only the first part with the opamp, this I have used.

he use in the output stage mosfets and igbt,s, with these I use bipolairs, I have changed a lot there, these sounds better and are more robuust than the orginal alexander amp...

also I use differend opamps.

but is similair I now, everybody use the already invented wheel, because it is al so similair with amps.

I have build these after simulation and tuning, it is tested in a high end store where the people are very pleased of the tightness and speed, call it even 3D sound, warm smooth, no harsness, I have this in my home for some years without problems, but now I use hybride with tubes, dc coupled with also a offsetcontrol because of the drift from tubes, use the EL84 CCS loaded in triode mode as mosfet driver on 30 ma and the ECL200 penthode-triode as kimmel mu stage, these sounds very good, more tube like with the fast punch of mosfets, no feedback...

in the alexander amp are also errors, like with the offset control who has to high lowpass and wrong resistors (wrong place).

The igbt version is unstable.

hi peranders

yes I now, it is the same topologie.

here is the schematic of the amp I now use, like to share things with people.

it is a hybride, and it sounds almost like a tube amp, but you hear that er are solid state components.

I use the CCS as a offset tracker, it keeps the amp independent of drift because of the tubes used and the dc coupled to the mosfets.

the 6L6 is in my amp a EL84.

I have try igbt,s also in this hybride amp, these are prone of a big unstabile change of current it is almost impossible to stabilize and the sound is bad..

Attachments

• hybride-mustage.pdf
    41.4 KB · Views: 259
hoy janneman

mag hoor, maar zit hier net en het is wel rommeltje met de schoorsteen en de kachel, plus gaan ze hier verbouwen waarop ik wacht met het aanpakken van het huis.

youre welkome, but it is a little mess here, I am just moved to this house and busy with the chimney and a woodstove..

Salut Kees52,

C'est une topologie que je ne connaissait pas. Peut-tu mentionner quel sont les avantages ou inconvenients d'utiliser une entrée comme celaÉ

Thanks for sharing. I did not know this topology. What are the pros and cons of using this input stage versus a 'conventional' one?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.