A superior VAS clamp and VAS current limit for the Blameless.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
AP System 1 Clone

(From post #46 in this thread:
. . . . I’m currently building my own version of the (PC controlled) AP1. However to keep the generators THD as low as possible I’m going to use relays to switch the timing capacitors. For the timing resistances (of the integrators) I’m going to use a dual gang potentiometer. Its shaft will be coupled to a small DC motor via a reduction gearbox.

A uC based frequency meter and servo controller will control all of this, auto tuning the frequency to the desired value.

A Vishay VCR2N "variable resistor” (very linear) will be used in the multiplier for the amplitude control, and modern opamps throughout.
I figured that I can used the quadrature outputs from the intergrators to make a 4-phase rectifier (based on a pair of unity gain inverters and an LM3086 five NPN transistor array – the fifth, substrate connected transistor used for biasing) to keep the AGC loop ripple really low.

Cheers,
Glen
Is there any more information available about this project? I tried searching the Forum, and posts from "GK", but didn't find anything.

Dale

This site seems to be defunct - does anybody know if the content of this particular thread was moved elsewhere?

Dale

There was some recent (last month, perhaps two) flaming there and Andy put the site on hold. I believe that it will be easy for him to put it back online and I suggested that he at least do it as read only so that those who contibuted have access to their efforts.

Not sure if he ever will which is unfortunate since there was a lot of good information there.

Your religious mission against TPC is inane and it is starting the get rather boring - and you're still banging on about that damn overshoot :rolleyes:

I'm quite aware that NDLF and TMC do not cause overshoot as does TPC and your blanket claim that NDFL does not cause a mid-band phase dip is just nonsense.
I guess you can just disregard all previous analysis of Cherry’s designs, including the phase response I attached again to post 72 in this thread! TMC can also have similar mid-band phase characteristics within the Miller loop.
Dismissing a compensation technique because it causes a mid-band phase dip (overshoot or no overshoot) is just as nonsensical and pseudo-technical as calling an amplifier with an open loop bandwidth of 100Hz slow, IMHO.

True :nod:

Edmond is given to making such misleading assertions.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.