little copper posts?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,
Ive only made a little chipamp so far so forgive my ignorance.

I wired up my amp point to point and its a bit of a rats nest. For future projects Id like to make something cleaner. Also something that I can alter easily.
I've seen a couple of designs where components are mounted on little copper posts. Wiring underneath the board. Looks interesting to me. I tried to look up info on them but not sure what they are called.
Is this a common method? A good method? Any better ones out there?
(anybody know what I'm referring to?)

Thanks,
MrKramer

You mean this stuff ??
588px-Stripboard.jpg

I'm running 2 amps on this till i make permanent ones but aesthetics aside this veroboard could make for permanent
construction.

As far as copper "posts" ,there are wire wrap terminals and
quick connect terminals that could be soldered to this board.
another method (real PCB) is the graphpaper - centerpunch - sharpie - paint method that I use. the ultimate PCB method is the HP laser printer / toner transfer method (google it) , You need
the right toner/printer (hp)/ paper (staples)combo for it to work right.
OS

Its not so much a question of "good or bad" per se, as it is number of connections. They can be tedious to install. You generally see them used more in point-to-point tube wiring, as found in guitar amps.

But there's nothing inherently wrong with using them.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.