Apt Holman Pre (mod/ restore)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Greetings all !

Is there anyone here knowledgable about these preamps?

I have one and was wondering if I should hang on to it or sell and get somthing else. There is a slight issue with the volume cutting out from time to time. A few flips of the switches seems to fix it. I have some experince with tube guitar amps, but have none with SS. Is there a best way to proceed with restoring/modding this pre? Does anyone offer a kit that is experienced with this unit? (that would be the easy/lazy way to deal with this : ) Thanks in advance for yor response.

Disabled Account
Joined 2006
Hi

I dont have experience with the preamp but I think I remember seeing the schematic somewhere on a thread here, maybe you should do a search for apt holman amp. The schematics should help, also the designer is a member here, check out the apt holman amp thread, he made some comments on the last pages, you could try get some input from him.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.