ZCA 5 watt mosfet amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
well ....

it is a very nice amplifier .... but power is so low ....that is actually doesnt worth to bulit it ....

it can makeeven cr**py speakers sound amazing
with extra super sensistive and efficient speakers you might be able to have a bearly listening system for every day casual listening

be advised ....the zca is the ultimate energy killer ....it will produce a hell of a lot of heat and consume serious ammounts of energy just to produce a few watts ]

regards AB sakis

This one?

I do not think goes to 5 watts...will be distorting a lot.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• 01zca.jpg
    01zca.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 2,542
In the reality, i use to listen less than a watt each channel....so...this amplifier

can fit my needs without problem.

I just pointed that it cannot produce all those 5 watts without distort as a crazy thing.

Those, use to be 10 percent efficient (beeing extremelly kind a very optimistic)..... in my imagination the power is not 5 watts.

So...multiply your voltage by your current..then you will have consumed power.... 10 percent may be audio (not sure can be so big this way)

Carlos

The guy said runned the unit dissipating around 60 watts

and have obtained around 5 watts...so.... efficiency is 10 percent or less.

The original one runs with something alike 1 ampere..... and voltage is 24 volts....so..... 24 watts of heat and around 2 watts of audio (maybe a little bit more)

It is enougth... enougth power and enougth heat to my taste!

Planet 10 has expertise in speakers...he knows how to obtain efficiency with a single watt..... he knows!...so he can use....i do not know..so, i cannot use.

Also his speaker brands does not exist in Brasil...also his sophisticated speaker enclosure are very hard to build down here with the tools we, brazilian amateurs, usually have at hand.... so.... Planet 10 leaves in another reality...he has material resources, know how, good drivers and tools.

Even the wood he uses to make speaker central difusers are not found here..

Another Planet folks...tenth planet!

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• red because very hot!.gif
    red because very hot!.gif
    85.5 KB · Views: 1,912
@JLH/ZCA

Lumba Oqir,

Sir, I know that this is a subjective opinion, plus other several factors, but for me the JLH 1969 mod ver seems more natural, smoother and finer texture. but really there is nothing wrong with the JLH 1996 ver, one thing more, I like the simplicity of the 1969 ver. Other builders will say otherwise but all i can say is both are very special, each has its own character, it all depends on the builders choice and how each amp appeals to his ears.

Going back to the 5w ZCA, i"ll just let it remain at the back of my mind, my ONKYO D-032AX speakers might not like it. I also would like to thank all members who posted at this thread, in favor or otherwise, guys you were all great! Thank you very much:nod:

best regards,

efren

Re: The guy said runned the unit dissipating around 60 watts

destroyer X said:
Planet 10 has expertise in speakers...he knows how to obtain efficiency with a single watt..... he knows!...so he can use....i do not know..so, i cannot use.

Carlos, I have seen how you hand craft your pcb's. I don't believe for a minute that you can't make a speaker box - get your hands on a full range Fostex 127 (91dB sensitivity) and put it in a stiff sealed box. Use your amplifier skills to build in a bit of roll off to kill the 7kHz brightness and voila !

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.