HDAM / Diamond Buffers Q

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It has been many moons since I've attempted to build any audio gear - but the ongoing genesis of DAC's has piqued my curiosity once again.

It appears that I missed the appearance of the discrete diamond buffer variants and the eBay example I spotted (aka. HDAM). As I
recall. most of the noise in the DIY community seemed to center on Op-Amp rolling back when I paying attention - so these modules are a bit new to me. I wonder if there is any consensus on whether they are a significant advance over chip op-amps and if any particular implementation seems to be standing tall over the others?

I am starting to sketch out plans for a new DAC to replace my CityPulse, but wonder if I can breathe additional life into it by replacing the buffers with a diamond or HDAM implementation in order to get familiar with the topology. Dunno if anyone uses them for discrete I/V conversion - but if you are, I'd love to hear about it.

Merci.

RnR

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.