Superphon Revelation pre amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello, I'm new here and here is my question. I'm not sure if I have a Super Rev 2, it does not say 2 on the unit and I can't find the manual. The serial # is 01506DM. I use this pre-amp to drive a Bryston 4B amp which drives my JBL woofers. I started getting a hum in the right channel, so I tried to determine the cause. Checking and swapping cables, I think I narrowed it down to the Super Rev. I was fiddling with the AC cord that goes to the power supply box, when I unplugged it and then plugged it in again, a pop came from the speaker and I fried the woofer. I've since then bought a new woofer on e-bay but until I solve the pre-amp problem I'm afraid to hook up the woofer. I have a multi meter tester so I checked to ac voltage, it seemed O.K. How do I check the power supply and the main line outputs on the pre-amp?
any suggestions, Thanks Greeen

Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
greeen said:

I was fiddling with the AC cord that goes to the power supply box, when I unplugged it and then plugged it in again, a pop came from the speaker and I fried the woofer.

any suggestions, Thanks Greeen

It says preamp, so please switch off your poweramps before doing such things again ;)

Not much help though :cannotbe:

Oh, maybe try with some cheap speakers first, just about anything could be used, might not be anything wrong at all :eek:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.