Cyrus Power failure - help?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I think my cyrus power amp may have come faulty.
Last night it was ON but not playing music, and a large "thump" from both speakers came out.
After that i get a Yellow flashing light (the manual says its dued to DC voltage detected at the output).

I opened it up, doesnt seem to have nothing blown up...don't know where to start looking and checking. Maybe someone can give me some directions?

Its the Power amp, i believe the first one they made.

Thank you a lot
Filipe

Can they be replaced by an enthusiast with a soldering iron? :rolleyes:

anybody can give a chime on the part numbers?

Also, if they blew, maybe the cause of failure is somewhat prior to that, which would lead to another blew if all I do is replace the transistors.

How can I measure where is the cause?
Anyone here with experience in cyrus power blew ups?

Thank you

I took a deep look into the board, it all seems to be SMD resistors, dont know if they can be changed if necessary.

Transistors look to be accessible but i would have to desolder some joints from input and output wires in order to remove the PCB from the case.

If anyone can help here, i would venture but otherwise, i think it will rest in the closet. Shipping it back and forth to cyrus audio for a repair would probably be more expensive than its used value.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.