Phase Linear 700 question ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
There is nothing in the service manual about changing line voltage. The 400 manual has a service bulletin that says there were a scattered few with dual primaries. The bulletin recommends using a step up/down xfmr. The series II amps do show dual primaries in the service manual.

If you want to open the front panel and send me a pic of the power supply I can tell you.

Phase Linear 700 Transformers

Early Phase Linear series 1 products had transformers installed for the country in which they were to be exported to. Phase Linear never had a selector switch on any series 1 products. Late production series 1 products began to use dual primary transformers and typically had a sticker on the chassis or transformer indicating the presence of a dual primary transformer. Most if not all series II products had a dual primary transformer that could be set up for either 120 or 240 volt operation. I have 1 or 2 spare 700 series 1 transformers designed for 240 volt operation. For more information, please contact e-mail me at callab@gte.net

By the way, the Pioneer products that were sold under the Phase Linear name on them which were sold overseas did have a selector switch installed and required no internal re-wiring.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.