Phase Linear 700 question ? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 10th April 2009, 01:59 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Phase Linear 700 question ?

Need to know urgently if the Phase Linear 700 had the facility to select 220-240 AC supply or was there a specific export version ?

Cheers
Old 11th April 2009, 06:34 AM   #2
d3imlay is offline d3imlay  United States
diyAudio Member

There is nothing in the service manual about changing line voltage. The 400 manual has a service bulletin that says there were a scattered few with dual primaries. The bulletin recommends using a step up/down xfmr. The series II amps do show dual primaries in the service manual.

If you want to open the front panel and send me a pic of the power supply I can tell you.
Old 12th April 2009, 06:55 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Default Phase Linear 700 Transformers

Early Phase Linear series 1 products had transformers installed for the country in which they were to be exported to. Phase Linear never had a selector switch on any series 1 products. Late production series 1 products began to use dual primary transformers and typically had a sticker on the chassis or transformer indicating the presence of a dual primary transformer. Most if not all series II products had a dual primary transformer that could be set up for either 120 or 240 volt operation. I have 1 or 2 spare 700 series 1 transformers designed for 240 volt operation. For more information, please contact e-mail me at callab@gte.net

By the way, the Pioneer products that were sold under the Phase Linear name on them which were sold overseas did have a selector switch installed and required no internal re-wiring.
Old 12th April 2009, 08:33 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Cheers guy's. I missed the amp on ebay before any replies but I'll know for next time now !

Hide this!Advertise here!