Nytech 252

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All
Does anyone have a schematic or service data for this classic amp please?
It has two pre set pots one for bias and another for "symmetry"
I have one for repair that seems OK but the distortion is a bit high at 0.3% compared with left chanel at 0.02% which i believe is normal.
Ay help is much appreciated.
thanks
Phil

hi phil,
thats a shame you not posting again, dont take things to personal. i certainly would have replied to you if i could have helped you or even pointed you in some helpfull direction.

i understand these amps sounded quite nice in there day, and were reasonably priced. i just did not like thelook of them back then were they shaped like a large calculator with sliders controls on them? or am i miles off with this.

i remember the output being 2n3055s, but a good few amps using these slow devices sounded good too.

Dear Bob
Thanks for the encouragement mate. IT was a shame with so many reads no replies.

The amp is as you rememebr and its a real pain access wise but the power output is quite incredible for such a small sized amp.
Its harmonic distortion was also at 0.02% both channels driven. When I see the real distortionlelvels of so many "hi End" amps in these forums I would not touch them, and the price they ask for is quite ludicrous.
Still as they say a fool and his money are soon parted.
thanks again
Phil

Dear Bob
Thanks for the encouragement mate. IT was a shame with so many reads no replies.

The amp is as you rememebr and its a real pain access wise but the power output is quite incredible for such a small sized amp.
Its harmonic distortion was also at 0.02% both channels driven. When I see the real distortionlelvels of so many "hi End" amps in these forums I would not touch them, and the price they ask for is quite ludicrous.
Still as they say a fool and his money are soon parted.
thanks again
Phil

ON THE CONTRARY ....!!! you should be proud that you got so many reads and no replies .... that means that people are interested ...and that includes me that actually took the time to search my resources for your schematic ...

obviously your product is not well documented and obviously i find you very easy to judge a wonderfull place where loads of info and knwoledge is exchanged every day for free and with joy from members to members ...

next time try www.fastfoodelectronics.com

Nytech service info

Jumping in here but I too need service info / schematic for the Nytech CTA252 XD II as I wish to re-cap the bugger and build a speaker-terminal module to bypass/replace those micky-mouse din disasters that somebody thought were a good idea in 1980.
I have requested this info from other sources and I will pass anything relevant on to this forum. Anybody?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.