Trust, the most delicious Dx Amplifier - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 4th April 2009, 01:47 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Trust, the most delicious Dx Amplifier

Listen...but please, use a very good speaker and amplifier (not the small computer trash boxes)

Increase your volume and enjoy...sorry the image quality.

Amplifier descriptions, schematics and all stuff will come soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3QphsVZm0Q

Carlos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg previous trust, untweaked.jpg (91.2 KB, 4200 views)
Old 4th April 2009, 01:53 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Default Trust is an old style amplifier, having the awfull condenser into the output....

... a scandalous thing to many forum folks..sorry because of that.

It is not high power, as it is an old style amplifier..something based into the sixties and seventies amplifiers.... does not use differential amplifier.... very simple, also no symetrical supply.

I was trying it those last days...friends came to evaluate, also children...they felt them coloured but delicious and pleasant sound..the same i have perceived.

Power is not more than 20 watts into 4 ohms and 10 or 12 watts into 8 ohms... this can increase if you use 70 volts non symetrical power supply (Dx supply modified to give you 70 Volts instead of 35 plus 35 volts)...and them power about 70 to 100 watts will be possible.... just will be needed to adjust the input transistor base resistances and to re-adjust the bias trimpot.

It is working class AB..and very low biased.. output emitter resistances are draining some miliamperes only (5 to 15 miliamperes)... frequency response is awsome and simulator results are excelent.

Enjoy a new Dx Amplifier...this one, the Trust, is a delicious amplifier.

Has an advantage...if you have burned parts because some accident, or continuous overload...the speakers will not be damaged, because the output electrolitic condensers are there to block any DC to the speaker.

regards,

Carlos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg trust messy prototype aproved!.jpg (93.9 KB, 3895 views)
Old 4th April 2009, 01:57 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Default I have just tuned the amplifier for sonics

and in advance to give you the schematic i need to observe what happened into the simulator with my modifications... sonically i know..but i want to know about numbers too.

Soon i will give you complete PDF schematic.

For a while, listen the youtube video and watch this simplified diagram without values.

I have made modifications, includding more parts, more capacitors and i want to know what happened into the fourier and about THD and also frequency response.

regards,

Carlos
Attached Files
File Type: pdf trust.pdf (6.6 KB, 1381 views)
Old 4th April 2009, 02:25 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Skype™ to blueskynis
I'm surprised you still use the miller compensation cap, usually this kind amplifiers can go without it. Anyway, I like these kind of amplifiers
Old 4th April 2009, 02:40 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Default This one oscilated as a hell without the Miller

in the reality i was using 30 pf and had to increase to 100pf to stop the oscilation.

regards,

Carlos
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 4th April 2009, 02:49 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Default Here is the final schematic... 15 watts RMS into 8 ohms

Will not be tweaked anymore..this is final.

Enjoy.

regards,

Carlos
Attached Files
File Type: pdf trust to be published.pdf (66.1 KB, 1148 views)
Old 4th April 2009, 03:18 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

Default Of course i will be happy with someone building and enjoying

Also publishing his evalution.

I need contribution...someone to produce boards...BUT...there are fules and regulations from the Dx Corporation Headquarters (ahahaha).....

Layout must be submited to the chairman and forum folks to evaluation.

Must be small.... better if squared.... an idea is shown.

The one that produce the layout must assemble the board to be sure it works

The one that produces the board must offer layout from the copper lines and air view from the component side.... informing board sizes and offering a black and with option to hot iron board home manufacture.

Resistances are all 1/4 watt.... condensers are the size and type you want..voltage is 35 volts or more if you like...capacitor material can be ceramic or other material..board can be fenolite or fiberglass.

regards,

Carlos
Attached Images
File Type: gif contributors wanted!.gif (31.3 KB, 2484 views)
Old 4th April 2009, 04:40 PM   #8
taj is offline taj
diyAudio Member

I will be designing a PCB for this amp to replace my Dynaco Stereo 80 PCBs. But this will be a 70 volt version (to use the Dynaco's existing power supply), and the PCB will be fairly large and made to fit exactly the Dynaco chassis.

This will only be of interest to people who want to retrofit an ST-80, so I will create separate thread for that project when the time is right.

..Todd
Old 4th April 2009, 04:47 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

Default No problem to use 70 volts or more... i can prepare the version if needed.

So.... count on me!

Here is a board idea.

You have only to not paint the parts..they are there only to help you to solder parts... this is made to solder into the copper side..but you can use it to prepare the board to use components into the standard, more common used side too.

Schematic lines and black dots to solder component leads are keept, the parts are removed, and the sketch will be usefull when you start to assemble...as parts position and values are there.[

ALL IN ONE!

regards,

Carlos
Attached Files
File Type: pdf board suggestion.pdf (73.6 KB, 559 views)
Old 4th April 2009, 04:50 PM   #10
diyAudio Member

Default As a very important member into the Dx Corporation Headquarters staff

You are invited by the Chairman (big fat crazy Charlie) to prepare decent schematic.

If you decide to prepare boards too will be very welcome...BUT... rules and regulations says you will be asked to assemble too.... well...you can decline to assemble...or keep me waiting for hundred years too!

Boards must be tested..we never know the complications (oscilations) they can produce..so...the only way we have is to assemble and face the problems.

ahahahaha!

regards,

Carlos

Hide this!Advertise here!