Active Filter Four help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2002
Paid Member
I need help configuring the AFF for my speaker-system.
What I need:
A 12dB(24?) crossover at ~ 550Hz.
A low frequency shelf (set one to boost ~ 4,5-5 dB from 180-190 Hz and below.
A high frequency shelf set for a gradual boost from ~ 2 dB at ~4,5kHz to ~ 8+ dB at 10kHz and beyond.

Is this possible?

Arne K

Joined 2002
Paid Member
As far as I get...

Arne K

Attachments

• aff-ak1 (small).jpg
    aff-ak1 (small).jpg
    89 KB · Views: 280
Joined 2002
Paid Member
I tried the spreadsheet, but this only shows HP section(no LP?), and both manual & spreadsheet is missing a lot of information, unless you are a full-blood loudspeaker & filter-engineer...

Tried "TINA", this shows totally different values... :confused:

Arne K

Joined 2002
Paid Member
m2003br said:
Arne,

Give a visit to the site of Siegfried Linkwitz. Very good staff about equalized crossovers.

Good luck,
Marcos

THE filter-engineer writings to other engineers...

Playing around with "filterpro" finally gave me some useful numbers, implemented here.
The 20-turn trimpots were useless for finding suitable levels, removed and connected 20k stereo-pots instead.
It works!

If I now please could have some help making a low-lift, and a high-lift shelf...

Arne K

Attachments

• p4120556 (small).jpg
    p4120556 (small).jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 160
Arne -

The high pass and low pass are the same values, you just plug them in the appropriate spot on the board. Sorry if I forgot to put that in the manual.

I used the equal component value convention, the "Tina" calculation is probably for unity gain, which gives different values all around.

The calculator just gives you a starting point. You really need to measure the drivers in the application, calculate values, simulate, tweak, repeat.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.