Hifi fan's wife sayings

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
So long as the speaker could produce sound it is ok, why would you want the sound to be so good?

You said to make a sound like this only need 0.1 watt of power? Why then you buy such a big power amplifier?

That few cables want a thousand of dollars? Is your brain shorted?

Why can’t you buy a CD player that can play DVD?

I don’t care what you buy; so long it can let me sing Karaoke!

Please do not close the curtain when you listen to music, the air circulation is not good.

Is your equipment has some problems? Why the sound is so soft when starts listening to symphony and suddenly turns so loud?

Isn’t it the speaker put next to the corner also sounds pleasant?

If you want to buy new one, you must get rid of the old ones.

Next door make in Japan's genuine Sony speaker set didn’t cost that much like yours.

If you keep shifting the speaker and scratch the floor again, I will call the garbage collector to sell out yours speaker!

This pair of speaker is too small, might as well buy a big one and looks nicer.

Others bought set of 7-8 speakers and the price is only half of yours.

A moment ago, your son poked a small hole on the loudspeaker with a small knife. It is all right, I have listened to it, the speaker still able to make sound.

This speaker does not match with our furniture colors.

Your set has been obsolete; next door's sound system has several pair of speakers.

Your speaker is so small and cost $4,000, next door is much bigger and it only cost $400. Are you swindled?

You listen to your music; I watch my television, at most I lower the volume a bit; were you cannot hear?

Will you move that big fellow speaker toward the wall; I want to moat floor!

Why don’t you talk to next door Aunt Wang, her family's sound system is also branded and play loud too?

I heard nowadays a pair of cable wants several hundred dollars. . . . Serious, your cable cannot be that expensive, right?

Our director in the office is very mean-spirited, all these years he have been listening to his broken black rubber turntable, looks as if he can’t afford CD.

Why your system (tube amp) have some light bulbs? The light bulb is inferior, not bright enough yet so expensive.

If you want to play symphony, please play outside!

How many people in the world like you so crazy?

:)

Women changes their names, their countries and they look different

But in the reality they are all the same.

They say that married you because appreciated the way you are..them... after marriage, they start to transform you in something they really appreciate.... while they complain that you do not behave alike her spectations (they spect some ideal, not the real man you are...so...always will be a surprise to them, as you will never fit that shape they "created" for you)

They want to give orders and to transform us in something more interesting for them.

They hate big sound, big speakers and all that stuff.... good sound for women is the one plays low volume having low power, without too much basses or trebles... flat.

They do not want to see the speakers, so, you have to hide them...also they do not want to see amplifiers and all stuff.

If you talk with them they complain you do not leave them alone... that they do not have a single moment to be alone with themselves......if you stay listening music they will complain that you do not give importance to them and do not talk with them.

Well.... hard to leave with them, but worse to leave without them.

They look different..but they are all the same.... to replace one wife to another is just to change the kind of problem you gonna face.

Maybe off topic...but wives are something on topic to almost all of us...and a very important topic.

And why are you spending so much money in those gadgets while you can replace your couch the way she wants?

A perfect woman will not have a tongue!

ahahahahah!

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• she will say.jpg
    she will say.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 730
Do you need that big box on the floor? Only certain notes need it? Keep only the ones on the desk. Get rid of the box?

Why are you buying new speakers? To hear those notes? Your hearing can't be good enough, you only hear what i say half of the time.

My girlfriend is pretty good actually. She appreciates the difference between proper hifi gear and those nasty little microsystems now she has had the opportunity to hear the difference.

She would go mental though if I spent hundereds of pounds on cables. Then again, so would I :)

What she DOES moan about is all the electronics junk I keep hanging around for parts :)

Joined 2006
Paid Member
My counter point when it comes to my little hobby is that it keeps me from going to the sports bar with my buddies and chasing the loose women that are hanging around in there!!! :clown: (ps - that was said as a joke - I'm not actually foolish enough to light the fuse on that powder keg!! - Big Boob!! :bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb: )

As far as putting the speakers someplace (other than "where the sun doesn't shine ;) ) - I haven't won that discussion - and most likely never will. :rolleyes:

The BIG problem

My wife wants to know why I must listen to bass loud and mids and treble she doesn't understand why the neigbors must hear what I listen too. I say... I love the sound of bass when the evildoer comes around the corner, mids are the voice and treble the bullet riquesate against the wall. Bells and the whistle from Clint Eastwood old movies and cool old time rock and roll music. She answers ..... I love you still and I say .. me too

You guy's either have the wrong GF, or you are bunch of sissy's:D It's a known fact that the female gender of homo sapiens doesnt like speakers! Solution? Keep looking, till you find one that doesnt care about them!. The "biological distribution curve" says that a certain percentage will fall outside the fixed pattern! Go look for those:D I must have found one of those specimen's. Have a look at my livingroom right now, trying to merge a 10" Scanspeak woofer, to a mid/tweet ribbon-section! this has been going on for a few weeks :cool:
Shot taken from dedicated, hifi, armchair:D

Attachments

• ribbon_10"ss_merge_sweet.jpg
    ribbon_10"ss_merge_sweet.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 784
Ahahaha...a bunch of sissies was fine!

Yep.... Americans are this way related wives.... not only North Americans but also Central and South American too.

Usually they give the orders and we have the chance to say the last word into some discussion.... and to be the last to talk is important...means power!...and the word use to be "yes!"

The one say the last word having the silent into the oposition means the one win the game...but our last word is "yes darling...no problem...the way you want dear!"

yes... sissies because women dominate us... the biggest problem is that we like them the most!

ahahahahah!

regards,

Carlos

steenoe said:
You guy's either have the wrong GF, or you are bunch of sissy's:D It's a known fact that the female gender of homo sapiens doesnt like speakers! Solution? Keep looking, till you find one that doesnt care about them!. The "biological distribution curve" says that a certain percentage will fall outside the fixed pattern! Go look for those:D I must have found one of those specimen's. Have a look at my livingroom right now, trying to merge a 10" Scanspeak woofer, to a mid/tweet ribbon-section! this has been going on for a few weeks :cool:
Shot taken from dedicated, hifi, armchair:D

I prefer to look at wife compatibility in devices.
And the bookshelf with drawers, that now houses my NAS i need since i no longer have a tower under the desk, should make a nice down firing sub should i need one if my (barely in wife compatible size limits) new bookshelf speakers require it.
It adds to creativity, and you get to play the rebel getting what he wants. Or that's my story and I'm sticking to it. ;P

Before I married the woman I sat her down and told her that I'm more than willing to give up my big speakers and hifi and tables covered in transformers and resistors.

IF

She gives up being mopey, and whinging, and moaning about how her job is so hard. And how she's too fat. And she doesn't look good in those jeans.

Naturally she came to the realization that we both need our hobbies in life:)

"Women marry men expecting to change them, but they don't.
Men marry women expecting them not to change, and they do."

Which has some truth in it. Speaking purely for myself, I am both pleased and grateful that my wife is willing to live with pretty outlandish experiments in the living room. Nothing like Nelson's experiments, you understand - but he has bigger rooms than I. :D

For me, it's understand your tradeoffs, pick the wife/audio system/house you need and can support, and - possibly most important - pick your battles, so that you win what you really want, and give in gracefully elsewhere.

Regards.

Aengus

[edit] I did find that "If you want to buy new one, you must get rid of the old ones" had a certain resonance. :devilr:

Yes...Nelson was the one was really clever

We were searching for our women into the wrong place i think.

Last nigth i was into the couch watching TV with my wife.
And she asked me..what is on the TV.
A have answered frankly and fast, without think to much... i said "dust"!

Them the figth started between us.

heheheh.

sometimes we are very stupid

Carlos

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.