Hifi fan's wife sayings

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I wanted to add one more comment - when they complain about HiFi, just tell them to:

"Shut up and go lay by your dish."

HAHAHAHHAHAHAAH

Just kidding of course... If you said that the fight would really start - probably in a very big way.

I'm not married - I wonder why??????

:rolleyes:

Regards,

;)

Attachments

• user_5633_large_2a7a2ebfb1b3d9cd21039db13dab93eb.jpg
    user_5633_large_2a7a2ebfb1b3d9cd21039db13dab93eb.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 324
Joined 2006
Paid Member
Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words!!

Actually the "woman" unit should be in a much "prettier" looking enclosure. Add some soft colors (pink?) some flowers and a couple photo's of the family on the front - then house it in something that looks like a planter. :clown:

Attachments

• woman amp with flowers.gif
    woman amp with flowers.gif
    28.2 KB · Views: 241
And after lurking through these many a forums with there fantastic information...It is this one I have chosen to make my first posting to. Thank for first for the laughs and the truths behind them listed above. Adding my story to the mix; I keep my wife spoiled. When we met I had just finished some audio projects in the truck. That has her hooked and now as long a fiscal situations allow free reign is granted on almost all projects... The catch is the arguments are elsewere in life.

I was fascinated by the title of this thread and curious to see what "wives from around the world" had said. I was not dissappointed by the humour within!

I shared some of the sayings with my wife and we had a great laugh, especially remembering the day that my celestion A3's were delivered from the back of a Volvo estate into my living room.

To say my wife's reaction was jaw dropping is understatement of the highest order. She was gobsmacked, and it took some time for them to be accepted. That the bass was finally life like didn't help at all...

Joined 2007
Paid Member
My wife, being from Peru, was new to all this high end stuff. We married in 2005 and she was here with me by 2006. She marveled in my equipment and she was thrilled to listen to the music. In Peru, music comes from an all-in-one stereo with very small bookshelf speakers. High end in Peru is labeled Sony.

So she is honky-dory with the whole setup. Until recently...

We bought a new carpet cleaner and I moved the speakers off the carpet to ensure I did a good job. The carpet is nice and dry and as I'm about to pull the speakers away from the wall, she says in a clear voice, "Do they have to go back THERE?"

And so it begins...:xeye:

Oh so today I mentioned that I'm building another pair of speakers:

Lisa: Where are these ones going to go?

Rich: Probably in the closet for now....

Lisa: But... these sound good. What's wrong with these.

Rich (offended): Only good??

Lisa: They sound great!

Rich: Well not great enough. (stern look)

Lisa: Why don't you sell these ones when the new ones are finished then??

Rich: Ah... well the design belongs to someone else (Bjorn Johanssen.) It would be unethical to profit from a design he gave me for free.

Lisa: Ethics don't pay for groceries....

Hahahaha, what?!? Suddenly my wife is Al Capone?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.