rotel rx-830

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey!

I've got a Rotel RX 830 receiver and it has broken down recently. I need it repaired badly but I can't afford a costly repair (and for the money I could probably as well buy a new (second hand ofcourse) one).

I saw here that you guys have got a manual? And schematics would be brilliant! So is the offer still valid?

The fuses inside burn as soon as I turn the receiver on (though one time they last a couple of minutes). As well, the initial problem was that one of the speaker-channels wouldn't work (it's not the speakers that are broke). My guess is that the transformer has broken down and so the circuit gets too high a voltage (hence the smelly air that came from the receiver just before the fuses burnt).

Any help would be perfect but in the first place I'm looking for schematics or any technical info on this device. User's manual would be brilliant (don't know what kind of info is in there but that doesn't matter).

Well, hope someone can still provide me with some info!

Regards!

Rutger.

PS: serial number is 22254 if that's helpful on anything.

In the meantime I got the schematics from the Rotel helpdesk, which was really great service.

I only can't find the secundair voltage. I wanted to check the transformer because the fuses right after the transformer burn everytime I turn on the amp so I thought that maybe the transformer is broken. I hoped I could check the voltage that is meant to come out of it. Anyone who can tell me what the secundair voltage should be? Maybe after I give the schematics?

Regards.

Hey!

The schematics are already in my posession, got them from Rotel themselves.
But maybe you've got a better one.

My mailadress is my username at gmail dot com. I'd be glad if you could help me out. I've got a Denon amp now but would really like my Rotel to be rapaired!

Greetings.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.