Nad 3300PE

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys,

I recently bought a Nad 3300PE amplifier & its got a problem :rolleyes:

The sound goes from being fine to getting a sort of static scratchy noise from the left channel only, it might be fine for hours then suddenly comes back & last for about 5 seconds each time....playing bass heavy music seems to make the problem worse aswell.

I believe the problem is to do with the power amplifier section as all the controls are silent & the problem goes away when using headphones....

I just wondered if anyone has an idea what it might be ? Common sense tells me it might be a dry joint but im no expert !

Thanks for any help !

James.

I just wondered if anyone has an idea what it might be

No specific idea, but when it does become "scratchy" spray
different devices with some component cooler. the one
you spray that makes it stop is the faulty one.

Also look the board over for any obvious cold solder joints
(you can spray them,too.. making the alloy contract )
OS

Hmm very strange....

I opened it up last night & couldn't find anything wrong so put it all back together....now the problems gone but something else has changed, It was running very hot - too hot to touch infact but since having a poke around inside its cool to the touch when running :confused:

Oh well, at least its working now !

Thanks for the advice, James.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.