Super isolated power transfomer for pre-amp.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I'm looking for a super isolated power transfomer for pre-amp.
I mean, extra high isolation impedance & isolation voltage & super low leakage current from DC to high frequency.

Who makes the best?

What's usually better, normal, or toroid transformers?

I need 120v primary, 25v+25v secondary at least 15 watts for the analog, a separate second transformer with a secondary at 7v, 5 watt for the digital.

So-called 'split bobbin' transformers are widely available that have a pretty high degree of isolation without a Faraday shield.
The primary and secondary windings are physically isolated, unlike a toroid that's usually tightly coupled with primary and
secondaries wound on top of each other. (In output transformers, this is generally A Good Thing.)

This reduces capacitive coupling and thus coupling of line noise onto the secondary. I'd tend to prefer split bobbin transformers
for that reason in most low current applications.

Nevertheless, toroids are 'sexy', and there are good quality devices on the market.

Signal is one manufacturer of many for small pc-mount transformers of split-bobbin design.

http://www.signaltransformer.com/signal/products/products.cfm

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.