Simple opamp/mosfet shunt regulator

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

iko

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2008
ashbytub said:
HI,
Is there P.C, board for your Shunt Regulator?
Ashby

Ashby, I don't have a pcb board layout for the opamp version, but you'll find a few different variations on the salas discrete design that a few people are very happy with, earlier in this thread
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=129126&perpage=25&pagenumber=56

If you're patient salas will provide a summary some time soon.

salas, you're right, how it came back to almost your first design; for me at least, the regulator I would build again right now is the discrete non-LED version, that I posted a bit earlier in this thread. I don't expect to change it again before the week-end, as I'm listening through it, so let's call this "sort of stable" version 1.0 :smash:

attachment.php

Note that the BC547C can be a BC550C of course.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
That is what I am talking about, so to avoid specific LEDS and current calculations through R1. Please email me, I want to fix that as a standard for 3 Voltages and I want you to check what I will do. My email is open through the forum.

Bonsai said:
Whats your reference?
I've heard a lot of opamps, and I'm quite sure each and everyone of them has it's own flavor, like any other amplifier. LM4562 is one of the better, but it too has a flavor. If you think LM4562 is the last word in audio design, why do you keep hanging around at DIY places?

Regrding th e op-amp/discrete debate, I just hear too many stories about how bad op-amps compared to disretes to accept without questioning.
It's not a war, it's a strive for "the perfect sound".

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.