PS Audio PS Elite Integrate Amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thought I'd revive this thread and see if anyone ever got a schematic out of PU, I mean PS Audio. I've begged but they just ignore me. I certainly appreciate any help you can give me. I have a PS Audio Elite Plus that the previous owner had worked on and given up. I got it in a trade and I had no idea someone had been messing with it. Found a shorted transistor in the right output stage and replace it. When I power up the amp, a 1000uf capacitor blew up in the power supply. Pretty exciting stuff. Busted a couple of what I believe are diodes in the big bang, they are pretty small and difficult for an old fart like me to identify. I did power up the amp with the right channel removed so I'm guess I must still have trouble in the rt output. I did go through the board but I'm not a formally trained in electronics person and have missed something. I do want to here this integrated and she how she does. Thanks for your help. john

I believe that all of the records and documentation from the original PS Audio of the 1980s-90s was lost during the dissolution of the company, so the folks at the current PS Audio don't have that info available. I have a Two C+ supply somewhere in the basement & will measure it in the next few days and report back.

PS Audio Two C Plus Remote Power Supply

OK I opened up the Two C Plus supply and here's what I found:

Contents: Two EI core transformers, one large (presume output supply) and one small (presume driver supply). Each has 3 leads on primary side & 3 on secondary side. Both transformer's wiring color code is Black-Black-Green on the primary sides and Red-Red-White on the secondary sides. Resistance and voltage measurements suggest the third lead on each side is a screen connection?

Primary side wiring: Single MDL 3-1/2A fuse on one leg of the non-polarized 120V plug power feed split after fuse to one side of the primary (Black) of each transformer. Second 120V power plug feed split to other side of the primary (Black) of each transformer. Third primary lead of each transformer (Green) brought separately to the output terminal strip and connected to third lead of same transformer's secondary (white).

Secondary side wiring & measurments: Red pair from small transformer connected to output terminal strip then to Brown & Black leads of 8 conductor output cable which terminates in pins 1 (Brn) and 5 (Blk) of the rectangular six pin (TRW Cinch) amp connector plug. Red pair measures 69.1 VAC RMS. Green primary and White secondary of the small transformer are connected at terminal strip to Orange wire of the 8 conductor cable going to pin 3 of the amp connector plug.

Red pair from large transformer connected to output terminal strip then to Blue+Green (paralllel) & Yellow+Red (parallel) leads of 8 conductor output cable which terminates in pins 2 (Bl+Gr) and 4 (Y+R) of the rectangular six pin (TRW Cinch) amp connector plug. Red pair measures 58.3 VAC RMS. Green primary and White secondary of the large transformer are connected at terminal strip to White wire of the 8 conductor cable going to pin 3 of the amp connector plug.

Guys hi, my brother have a PS Audio model TWO (II) power amp from the 80's (i think it's the 55W version which is also bridgeable) this amp worked very nice for years but unfortunately, became faulty a while ago... Can anyone help with a diagram scheme or a service manual.
I think that the final stage transistors are 15003 & 15004...

PS audio BTW, are not bothering to answer emails... thanks in advance!
Harel

Gentleman, I have recently purchased the Elite Plus, however it came with no power supply. I have a very basic question, the box on the outside contains only transformers per earlier post by kevinahcc20? are there no bridge rectifiers? so it's safe to assume it's all AC?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.