McIntosh 7270 Service

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I recently acquired a McIntosh 7270 from a friend. Although the price was right (free), I have to figure out what is wrong with it as it is currently broken. As an engineer, I have some experience with electronics, and would like to attempt to fix it myself. The only problem is that I need the service manual to reference. Anyone have a copy that I could use? If you need it, my email is joe at roeschen.com

I have tried Berners McIntosh website, but the link for this amp is locked with a user name and password. I have emailed him, but have not heard anything back.

If anyone has any experience and is willing to help me troubleshoot this amp, I would appreciate it. I would like to replace the older parts while I am at it to restore the audio quality, so any feedback on this would also be helpful.

Once I get my hands into it, Ill post more diagnostic info here when I have it.

Thanks for your time!

Joe

Thanks, that's a good idea. Ill give them a call on Monday. I figured they would charge me a fortune for one.

Do you have any experience with this amp? Now that this thing is over 20 yrs old, I would love to change out any of the components that typically age (like caps) so I can restore the sound quality. Any suggestions?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.