recommend me a buffer (bi polar supply)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

Can anyone recommend me a simple buffer to run off a +/- 15v reulated supply. I have a spare supply, and need a buffer for a preamp i am building.

This will be built on perf board - so simple is good.

thinking Source > r2r vol control > buffer > valve amp (baby huey to be precise).

I have searched, but its pretty overwhelming, and i'll be honest and say my solid state electronics isnt great!

Thanks

Adamus.

recommend me a bufer

search for the JISBOS ?
Well documented design in the net

If you want high quality design , look at Mr Borbely web-side
and his product called SUPER Buffer , he will charge you only 80-100EUR :D , which is more resonably price , compared to the
280 EUR :eek: :eek: :eek:

Attachments

• jisbos_schematic_v101.png
    jisbos_schematic_v101.png
    4.3 KB · Views: 465
Disabled Account
Joined 2006
80 Euros is more reasonable, in some east european countries the minimum wage is below 280 euros. Adamus wants simple so I suggest just 4 transistors and excellent performance, a buffer used by the old master JL Hood. Wire with current gain, what comes in is what comes out and can even drive headphones pretty well. For 0 V output offset adjust R1 R2 values, R3 should be around 100 ohms. Thd levels of -130db mostly 2nd, attainable by tweaking resistor values for particular load. :eek:

BTW the circuit shown by sharp is pretty good too. If you build them yourself they will maybe set you back 15 pounds or so for stereo. :D

Attachments

• jlh_buffer.jpg
    jlh_buffer.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 419
hello.
annother easy amp.
ic = ne5532(bip),opa2604(fet) or something else.....
you may test this circuit with a tl072.............
if you have a cap at the input of your poweramp you can c leave away (it is for safety,to block the offset from the ic).
47n.......100n nearby the pins of the opamp.
greetings.............

Attachments

• bufferamp.jpg
    bufferamp.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 362
all of those discrete buffer solutions are good.

B1 by Pass, The Pedja Rogic and the JLH.

All can be run from a low noise +-15Vdc supply.

The buffer part is so cheap you could build all three and compare them.
the main cost is in the PSU and casing.

All can be built up easily on a plug board and then compressed to fit on to a tiny bit of perforated board.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.