studiomaster vision8

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi Kev,
thanks for your reply, i have managed to repair the unit it was a real struggle having no diagrams, problems were power amp blown, opamp on output board (not sure what this does dc offset sensing possibly) and shorted cap on mixer channel.

it is great that there you have these diagrams, someone said there was a cd with the studiomaster schematics in pdf form, is this what you have? if so would you be prepared to sell me a copy

Hi "kev" thanks for the reply but I had to buy one from the U.S. got club dsp,2000, plus some other one's cost me 15 usd did'nt think that was bad. Problem found it's the BA15532n's on the output of the mixer both left and right stange for them both to go down at the same time but sh*t happens. The only problem no is finding someone who sell's them so i'm going to try NE 5532's and make tiny pcb to carry them as they are dip not sil. Again thanks.

Pete (chinky0)

Disabled Account
Joined 2009
Big thanks to Kev for Vision 8 schematics.

Here's a fault that may happen to others: amp clip leds come on with hardly any drive, both outputs are dead although there seems to be nothing wrong with the amp modules and no fault leds showing.
If this happens, find the 4538 chip on the power supply board (the one with all the fuses).
This was U5 on my model. Check pin 6 - is it high (ca. 15V)?
If not, do you have half-wave rectified AC 12V peak on pin 4 ?
If not, you may have a bad connection on the 5-pin AC input connector (CONN1) or D14 may have failed.

Hi Kev,
I've also got a vision 8 with a problem. I've had a set of schematics elsewhere but they're later versions than the one I'm dealing with. My boards are all revisions R1A1-3 for the psu and R1A4 and R1A5 for the others. I wonder if you have these particular revisions? If so I'd be very grateful if you could let me have a copy.
Many thanks.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.