LFD Mistral

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well, I had a chance to listen to this expensive little amp with Harbeth 40i flagship and it's quite good . Open ,detailed but not agressive at all with natural decay of accoustic instruments and ambience of a real event.
Well after third attemp I finally have to admit that I don't like BBC sound ( harbeth 7 , rogers LS 3/5, harbeth 40i) it is compressed ,fake ,plastic sounding , anyway anybody familar with LFD circuitry ? or know something DIY which is equally good and simple ??
Regards, L

PS I've got this impression of LFD amp despite those horrid;) Harbeths not because of them

I've changed my view after I borrowed Rogers LS3/5 and had them for a while in my bedroom. They really sound superb in the small space. On recent AK fest I had the chance to listen to new Spendors with AR gear and bigger models with Luxman .They do sound nice. Somehow I find them less colored than Harbeth .Both of the brand are quite compressed sounding too but very , very pleasant.

I am saving money for my shl5 !

Hi limono , what is AR ?

Also do you listen cd or lp ?

Yes harbeth can sound colored versus spendors, but if you listen carefully the spendors too are very colored!

Having heard a 3x more costly spendors system my preference is strongly for the less costly harbeth system: I found the 3d, realism and fun to listen way better. I play classical music, I am young and I need to listen to unbiased music and not over amplified high frequency for deaf people.

You need a very low distortion amplifier with the harbeth!!! I can guess it should be inferior to 0.01% 3rd harmonics at least at 50 watt power ! Because ME I can hear it on the harbeth !!! Fortunately the majority of people can’t differentiate distortion from music.

I’ll stop now because I could go on for 20 pages :)

Have fun with your harbeth !!! Let the music play !

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.